Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is Gus good enough.....

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Even if we had got Rhodes he'd probably be on loan to Palace anyway after falling out with Poyet

are you joking? our budget isn't big enough..... Rhodes has signed for blackburn and they are currently below us so thats blown that out the water. we are averaging the biggest gate in the championship and are continually being asked for more and more cash. fed up about hearing of the budget crap. Palace's budget will be less than ours and they are 4th..

Gus just whinges and moans about his budget when actually the real reasonwe are struggling is because he is so tactically unaware its scary. We can't turn round from going behind, playing one up front at home... the list goes on and on of his continual failures.Its all very well playing tippy tappy football, however its about results... we aren't getting them.

He needs to sort it out and actually take some responsibility for his actions and team selections.

The fact Blackburn are below us with a much bigger budget surely suggests Gus is doing a great job? How you've used that against him is odd..

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
Trouble is Gus thinks we can only progress playing tippy tippy and being a technically focused team, I really don't think the concepts of grit, determination and physicality are in his managerial vocabulary, that is his biggest flaw.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The fact Blackburn are below us with a much bigger budget surely suggests Gus is doing a great job? How you've used that against him is odd..

Hmm can we take into account the chairmen of the two clubs and the way that they are run. How many managers have Blackburn had this season?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Even if we had got Rhodes he'd probably be on loan to Palace anyway after falling out with Poyet

Hmm can we take into account the chairmen of the two clubs and the way that they are run. How many managers have Blackburn had this season?

We're talking about budgets and how Gus is doing with ours no? I don't see your point.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
We're talking about budgets and how Gus is doing with ours no? I don't see your point.

The fact that Balckburn are below us is because they are in disarray. I was responding to your comment about Blackburn being below us, the fact that their budget is bigger than ours is actually irrelevant if you look at the big picture and has nothing to do with whether Gus has handled it better than Blackburn.

We are in a much better situation than Blackburn and I think Gus has underachieved given the players he has at his disposal.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
The fact that Balckburn are below us is because they are in disarray. I was responding to your comment about Blackburn being below us, the fact that their budget is bigger than ours is actually irrelevant if you look at the big picture and has nothing to do with whether Gus has handed it better than Blackburn.

So the budget and 8million striker they bought has no bearing on their league position? Right.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
So the budget and 8million striker they bought has no bearing on their league position? Right.

No they have ****ed up big time over the last two seasons, why would you even start to compare us. Having a big budget doesn't make you a better team, and if a screwed up team with money is what you are going to measure Poyet's achievements against of course he's gonna look good. You'd be better of comparing it with Palace's after all Gus had a big part in their resurgence with his cock up over Murray.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
No they have ****ed up big time over the last two seasons, why would you even start to compare us. Having a big budget doesn't make you a better team, and if a screwed up team with money is what you are going to measure Poyet's achievements against of course he's gonna look good. You'd be better of comparing it with Palace's after all Gus had a big part in their resurgence with his cock up over Murray.

Erm, it's a thread about how Gus is doing on his budget and I compared another team in the same league as us and their budget? Jesus, bad day?

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Erm, it's a thread about how Gus is doing on his budget and I compared another team in the same league as us and their budget? Jesus, bad day?

Imo you chose the wrong team to compare Poyet against..

And of course it's another ****ing bad day :lolol:

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
Trouble is Gus thinks we can only progress playing tippy tippy and being a technically focused team, I really don't think the concepts of grit, determination and physicality are in his managerial vocabulary, that is his biggest flaw.

Totally agree - although I think we should not judge until the season is over. Although opinion seems to swing from 'oh shit we're gonna lose him to chelsea' to 'out'. Gus is a good manager BUT he needs to develop different ways of playing to be a great manager.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Back to the theme of the thread. Poyet can't take the pressure at this level. We look good when there's no real pressure, early season, cup games against big teams. We have the players to compete with the best in this division but Gus is far too negative in games he needs to be positive. Balckburn game apart when we the last time we really went for a team from the off, especially at home? The shit his teams have produced in high pressure games against Bristol and Barnsley gives me doubts for the very first time that he is the right man to take us to the next level.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Imo you chose the wrong team to compare Poyet against..

And of course it's another ****ing bad day :lolol:

It was an example. Stop making another beeline for me (same as the England thread the other day.. unprovoked) and remove that chip.

You've literally said the fact Blackburn have a big budget, parachute payments and an 8mil striker has no bearing on their league position.. just keep arguing in the mirror and leave me be eh?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here