Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is Gus good enough.....

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Yes in a way, we were losing and the pressure got to the player. We were 2-1 down to the bottom team with 10 odd mins to go.
Obviously anyone can miss a pen, but if you think tonight was acceptable because we missed a penalty I'd have to disagree

I didn't say or even suggest tonight was acceptable. This thread is about Gus. Tonight it came down to Ulloa missing the pen. The same Ulloa that scored the first Albion hat-trick at Falmer. The Ulloa that gus signed, the one nobody had ever heard of. Fine lines, and knee jerk reactions. We stick with Gus because he continues to get more right than wrong.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
I didn't say or even suggest tonight was acceptable. This thread is about Gus. Tonight it came down to Ulloa missing the pen. The same Ulloa that scored the first Albion hat-trick at Falmer. The Ulloa that gus signed, the one nobody had ever heard of. Fine lines, and knee jerk reactions. We stick with Gus because he continues to get more right than wrong.

I'm not looking for an argument at all, but yes he signed Ulloa, whom I rate highly, but he is also the manager who got rid of the highest scorer in all the divisions, got no fee and he went to our no. 1 rival, so cut me a bit of slack when I'm not 100% behind him, I'm not sure it's knee jerk

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Then you are clearly deluded

And you are clearly unaware of our past manager achievements. Both the above finished higher than Gus has. With a fraction of resources at Eees Complicated's disposal. I'll take deluded over ignorant in this cock fight.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here