Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is Gareth Bale the best British player since George Best??

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
The day I see him nutmeg a player rather than just run past them I'll put him into the great player bracket. Until then he is just very clinical, fast, but a one trick pony who can be defended.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
The day I see him nutmeg a player rather than just run past them I'll put him into the great player bracket. Until then he is just very clinical, fast, but a one trick pony who can be defended.

His one trick being awesome pace and strength, stamina, a brilliant eye for a pass, amazing dribbling control and world class shooting?

His goal away at stoke last season (I think) was some of the best technique I've seen in a long time.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
His one trick being awesome pace and strength, stamina, a brilliant eye for a pass, amazing dribbling control and world class shooting?

His goal away at stoke last season (I think) was some of the best technique I've seen in a long time.

I don't see that, yes the ball sticks to his feet when he's going one direction but he doesn't go through defenders like Messi, Suarez etc does. He can be defended against. Don't get me wrong, he carried Spurs this season and was in the top 2 players of the year, and he's easily a better player than the likes of Beckham but he's not a genius. Yet.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here