Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is, "Dance Wth My Father" the most gay song ever written?

vic123

Feb 13, 2013
What gets me is the fact that this song takes itself completely seriously. What kind of dancing does Luther want to indulge in with his own father? If we were to match the dance style with the feel of this song then we can only conclude that Mr Vandross is inclined to slow dance with daddy.

I am not saying that this is a bad song. It's tone is pleasant enough. I am also aware that Vandross is singing about a time when he himself was a child. Still, however you look at it, this song cannot fail to conjure up uncomfortable imagery which involves slow dancing with your bleedin' Dad!

This fact seems to be lost on all but those who insist that this song is cut from the same heart warming cloth as anything wet, wetter and wettest and their ilk could have strummed up.

URK!!!!!!!

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I can think of a fair few "gayer" songs than this one, but this is definitely a contender for the most random thread in NSC history.

Baron Pepperpot

Jul 26, 2012
Brighton
The lyrics show an innocent and beautiful song about a small child, and his mother, missing his dead father.

Jeez FFS.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Jeez, don't think I've read many threads as wet and gay as this one.

Epic fail

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Anything by Mika or the scissor sisters is WAY gayer. Also Freedom by George "bum hole" Michael is pretty bent as is "I want love" by Elton John...Luther is, like, the least gay singer in the world apart from Lemmy out of Motörhead.

Gullys Cats

Sausage by the sea!!!
Nov 27, 2010
NSC
What gets me is the fact that this song takes itself completely seriously. What kind of dancing does Luther want to indulge in with his own father? If we were to match the dance style with the feel of this song then we can only conclude that Mr Vandross is inclined to slow dance with daddy.

I am not saying that this is a bad song. It's tone is pleasant enough. I am also aware that Vandross is singing about a time when he himself was a child. Still, however you look at it, this song cannot fail to conjure up uncomfortable imagery which involves slow dancing with your bleedin' Dad!

This fact seems to be lost on all but those who insist that this song is cut from the same heart warming cloth as anything wet, wetter and wettest and their ilk could have strummed up.

URK!!!!!!!

I have never thought of it like that before! Hahahhahahhaha!!!

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Both mean the same thing in essence. I always say 'back' rather than 'aback'. Aback sounds such a silly word as it never seems to be used in any other context.

If you often use the word "back"in this context you are often wrong and will confuse your audience into thinking you are reminiscing when you mean you are shocked or having pause.

vic123

Feb 13, 2013
The lyrics show an innocent and beautiful song about a small child, and his mother, missing his dead father.

Jeez FFS.

I understand the songs' lyrical context but that still doesn't counteract the imagery that this tune provokes. Whenever I hear it I can't help but picture a grown man slow dancing with his own father. Both are dressed in tuxes and on a dimly lit dance floor whilst somber looking relatives nod knowingly from the sidelines whispering, "good for them" to each other. *shivers*

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I see you have recently joined us Vic.

looking at your threads, do you like football?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here