Votes: 21 34.4%
  • No

Votes: 40 65.6%

• Total voters

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
I'm genuinely excited at seeing a midfield three of Ince, Crofts and Stephens next season.

Can't see there's enough passing ability in that midfield. Maybe against the better teams, but Ince doesn't do it for me at DM in games where we have possession. Yet.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Can't see there's enough passing ability in that midfield. Maybe against the better teams, but Ince doesn't do it for me at DM in games where we have possession. Yet.

I think 'yet' is the key part - he's still raw in some areas and it is his first year in the senior squad. I may revise my initial midfield and see two of those with the third on the bench, with Orlandi, Kemy or JFC in their place. Or a new midfielder.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
I think 'yet' is the key part - he's still raw in some areas and it is his first year in the senior squad. I may revise my initial midfield and see two of those with the third on the bench, with Orlandi, Kemy or JFC in their place. Or a new midfielder.

I agree. He has all the attributes to be an excellent DM currently, except for vision and that will take years to perfect. High hopes for the boy. Ditto Jake.
I guess it depends which league we're in. Probably a new signing needed if top level and, much as I love Crofts, he may need upgrading also as probably a little too slow.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
I agree. He has all the attributes to be an excellent DM currently, except for vision and that will take years to perfect. High hopes for the boy. Ditto Jake.
I guess it depends which league we're in. Probably a new signing needed if top level and, much as I love Crofts, he may need upgrading also as probably a little too slow.

Vision?

That's his best attribute.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
There was one moment when he was running with the ball on saturday when he reminded me of one of our greats - and yes, I think that may have been Horton. Trouble is, he is going to to have a lot more 'moments" during a game before he could possibly be classed as that good. He shows some potential.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Many people's favourite ever Albion player? No pressure then, Dale!!!

Yep, he was mine. Over Wardy and Lawro.

Dale is a good player but, at the moment, nah!

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
:flounce:
Surely you are not suggesting that Nobby wasnt a box to box midfielder. I asked the same question on here 3 or 4 weekd ago and was slated. Not sure he will emulate Nobby but he will be the man we build our midfield around next season and he will be a big player for us

I missed that discussion. However, it's fair to say that Horton became less of an attacking force in Albion's First Division days. He had a more defensive role to play, particularly in 1980/81.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I wonder whether Stephens will end up being sold to Luton Town for £3.50 like most of our other good players used to be?

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
Voted no but the option should have had a not yet choice as when Nobby came he was already the finished article and his midfield dominance was there for all to see admittedly it was in the old third tier of the football league but he was head and shoulders above any other midfielder in that league winning balls with tackles or cutting out passes whenever they were within yards of where he was on the pitch with instant control he was one amazing player, Dale is very good and i hope and believe he can emulate Nobby but he is not there just yet but if he was to be as dominant as Nobby we will struggle to hold on to him.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
:flounce:
Surely you are not suggesting that Nobby wasnt a box to box midfielder. I asked the same question on here 3 or 4 weekd ago and was slated. Not sure he will emulate Nobby but he will be the man we build our midfield around next season and he will be a big player for us

I must have missed that thread, because no way was he a box to box player. I would suggest the nearest we had to that type of player was Paul Clark.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
The game has changed a lot since Nobby would storm through the midfield with the ball at his feet. I don't think we will ever see one like him again. (Sadly)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here