Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Is Chelsea and Brighton becoming a RIVALRY?

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
The ‘unlike Chelsea’ bit that seems to have them all foaming at the mouth has RDZ actually said that as I remember his saying in his interview that we need to replace with someone as good but don’t remember him saying that? Is this jacobs and fab artistic license?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
https://www.reddit.com/user/westfall987/
•1 hr. ago
Alright. Now this statement is ridiculous. I don't care tonight is a friendly. We need to murder this small club. Hopefully these words will lit a fire under Poch and the players' ass. One good season and they think they can sit with the big boys. Nahhh. They need a reality check.

We seem to have got under their skin somewhat...

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Twitter is full of very angry and indignant Chelsea fans.

How dare Brighton try to unsettle Colwill

Who do Brighton think they are?

etc
https://www.reddit.com/user/westfall987/
•1 hr. ago
Alright. Now this statement is ridiculous. I don't care tonight is a friendly. We need to murder this small club. Hopefully these words will lit a fire under Poch and the players' ass. One good season and they think they can sit with the big boys. Nahhh. They need a reality check.

We seem to have got under their skin somewhat..

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
They are just a little club with delusions of granduer. Most of the so called supporters weren't around in the 80's when they were average at best and in a dump of a stadium which was falling apart..

They have more plastics than's in Cher and Katie Price combined. Their entitledness and neediness is embarrasing. So called fans like Younes and Miz always online slagging us off. No wonder they never go to a game - they are always online spouting drivel. We weren't the ones that raided their club for a manager and the entire back room staff!

They are just a load of 'billy big bollocks' because they are used to 'buying' trophies and don't like it when organised clubs like ourselves operate the right way in developing our own talent.

Chelsea are up their with dirty Leeds and Millwall as one of the scummiest and least appealing clubs you could find.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
No, of course not. But, like Leeds with Ben White, a lot of their twitter/online fans are going to provide us with a lot of entertainment over the next few days/weeks .

If Caicedo ends up staying then we'll get even more entertainment for even longer.

I imagine that if we beat them in a meaningless friendly tonight that will make some of them even frothier of mouth.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
I think not, but their fans are awful

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
They are absolutely FUMING. They don't like us or RDZ.

Last season's THRASHING certainly had a derby atmosphere. Could we be a few more tasty fixtures away from a new rivalry?

Tom Hardy Bait GIF

el punal

They are absolutely FUMING. They don't like us or RDZ.

Last season's THRASHING certainly had a derby atmosphere. Could we be a few more tasty fixtures away from a new rivalry?

We’re nowhere near the top of the pecking order of hate - well below Tottingham, Liverpuel, Lids, Man Yew and the rest of the universe. To them we’re just irritating upstarts. Hey-ho.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Tonight is their cup final though
It's tonight ? That's wonderful news, I saw it was 0.00 on 23rd, assumed it was tomorrow night and was trying to figure out how to stay awake and get up Monday :facepalm:

Never had any interest in any of the friendlies previous seasons (apart from a little wander over to the dripping pan for a pint when we used to do that). Never bothered with the 'big club' warm up before the season started and now I'll be there at midnight tonight, undoubtedly half pissed and half asleep.

It's the De Zerbi effect :thumbsup:

And unless Chelsea get some results against us soon, it's not a rivalry, it's a piss take :laugh:

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
what I find funny, is just like Arsenal fans in January and Leeds before that, is that they can not seem to understand that we would be quite happy for them to show us who is in charge by Chelsea walking away from this deal. They actually think we WANT to sell them Caceido and should be grateful that they are still "negotiating"

You would have thought that after White to Arsenal and especially Cucurella to themselves they would know how Brighton do business, you can have the man if you reach the price and conditions we want. Its not a difficult concept after all, its how most people buy things they want

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here