Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is Burke the stumbling block?

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
..." The problem you have at your club is David Burke. Never was a man more aptly named "....not my words but those of a contact who has worked at the highest level of the game ( top two divisions + Europe ) for more than 25 years.

Interesting quote. What capacity? Player, manager, agent, scout, tea boy??

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
..." The problem you have at your club is David Burke. Never was a man more aptly named "....not my words but those of a contact who has worked at the highest level of the game ( top two divisions + Europe ) for more than 25 years.

It's hard to know where to start with that.

There's nothing to say that that quote is not fabricated; it's anonymous, and it has no context.

Basically, it's meaningless post.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
It makes sense to have a director of football (or whatever they are called) to create some sort of continuity. I assume Burke deals with our development squad and youth setup.

Managers come and go, it's surely a positive to have a consolidated figure to keep things stable.

As an aside, have any of our departing managers openly criticised David Burke? If he values his employment, would he really go out of his way to make things difficult? If he was cocking up Bloom's £150m investment, would he still be employed?

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
I think Aspinall would be better than Burke because no-one would have any idea who he was signing because he would mis pronounce the easiest of names

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Everyone expected it to be a formality that Gianluca Festa would take over, as he appeared to be lined up when McDermott was notfired back in January, to the point he was going to take to the dugout in the game McDermott missed, but was stopped by club staff. Though recently, David Hockaday has seemingly sprung to near the top of the odds to take over. http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/spor...to-replace-mcdermott-at-elland-road-1-6647543

Pickles

May 5, 2014

Mo, I mentioned something similar to this recently on another thread and to be fair, was treated seriously about it.

You and I both know that David Burke IS a problem within The Albion, and I'm afraid it's not his position that's the problem ( although, saying that, it may well be to some. )

It really is him with his attitude.

There are 3 agents now that I know of that really don't don't want to deal with him.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
These list of predictions you talk about.....I said Bridcutt wouldn't play for us again, he played a game to prove his fitness so a deal could be done. After that I seem to remember he wasn't in the right frame of mind. I said Vicente was a waste of money and wouldn't play 10(was it games), oh I was way out with that one. I said Poyet was a total cock mmmmmm, enough said about that one I think and I said in MARCH i think it was that Garcia would not be here at the start of next season no matter what...Yep your right, I am always way off the mark.

I TOLD YOU SO! I TOLD YOU SO!

Good grief grow up man. Commander's exactly right. You come up with all sorts of ITK comments (don't forget a ??? ) and guess what some of them are right, albeit fairly obvious. The only one I remember was you skulking off the board because we were WINNING every week and that didn't fit in with your narrative. Yep a Brighton fan getting annoyed basically, because of our good form. Bizarre.

This Burke bollocks is classic. No one knows. You certainly don't. If it ever turns out that there is something to it, it's possible, you'll come on here shouting I TOLD YOU SO! If not, you'll be coming up with more insider information, because all the normal people on here would have forgotten all about this latest I know something you don't.

Get yourself a hobby.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I TOLD YOU SO! I TOLD YOU SO!

Good grief grow up man. Commander's exactly right. You come up with all sorts of ITK comments (don't forget a ??? ) and guess what some of them are right, albeit fairly obvious. The only one I remember was you skulking off the board because we were WINNING every week and that didn't fit in with your narrative. Yep a Brighton fan getting annoyed basically, because of our good form. Bizarre.

This Burke bollocks is classic. No one knows. You certainly don't. If it ever turns out that there is something to it, it's possible, you'll come on here shouting I TOLD YOU SO! If not, you'll be coming up with more insider information, because all the normal people on here would have forgotten all about this latest I know something you don't.

Get yourself a hobby.

The only thing bizarre on this board is people who believe everything the club want you too.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Mo, I mentioned something similar to this recently on another thread and to be fair, was treated seriously about it.

You and I both know that David Burke IS a problem within The Albion, and I'm afraid it's not his position that's the problem ( although, saying that, it may well be to some. )

It really is him with his attitude.

There are 3 agents now that I know of that really don't don't want to deal with him.

Maybe it's me but I see that as a good thing. Each agent should know that they can't get away with outrageous demands when we sit down with them. We'll deal but on our terms, not theirs.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Good. Agents are the stinking scum floating on the top of the modern football cesspit. Never miss a chance to overinflate wages. Never miss your cut. The sooner football does without them altogether the better.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here