Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is Bloom clearing the decks in order to get Oscar back?

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
what game last season under oscar did we play exciting football i cant think of any

Leicester home and away, Bolton home and away, QPR home, Charlton home are all wins that spring to mind. Blackburn away was also an exciting game, even though we drew.

Nobody is saying Oscar is perfect but it's sad that he doesn't get the credit for what he did, even after what's happened this season.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Don't understand this attitude as the logic is so obvious. We had a solid defence last year as, until the last few games, we were able to keep the same back 5.

Going forward, we had horrendous luck with injuries. In midfield/up front, Hoskins didn't play all season, CMS only featured in the last few games, Bridcutt got injured early on and then refused to play soon after coming back meaning we had to sell him, Crofts (who was our best player for the first half of the season) missed the second half of the season, Barnes was sold in January, Orlandi hardly played and finally, to completely contradict your point, Ulloa missed three months from September to December (and funnily enough we weren't screwed).

I don't think Oscar is coming back but he did an amazing job considering the injuries we had and should go down as one of our best managers, in my opinion.

Was about to post something similar. Not to mention losing Barnes in January and he brought through JFC, Ince and March from the DS and had Keith Andrews playing in a top 6 side.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
Don't understand this attitude as the logic is so obvious. We had a solid defence last year as, until the last few games, we were able to keep the same back 5.

Going forward, we had horrendous luck with injuries. In midfield/up front, Hoskins didn't play all season, CMS only featured in the last few games, Bridcutt got injured early on and then refused to play soon after coming back meaning we had to sell him, Crofts (who was our best player for the first half of the season) missed the second half of the season, Barnes was sold in January, Orlandi hardly played and finally, to completely contradict your point, Ulloa missed three months from September to December (and funnily enough we weren't screwed).

I don't think Oscar is coming back but he did an amazing job considering the injuries we had and should go down as one of our best managers, in my opinion.

Such a shame Oscar wasn't backed with the players he wanted to bring in, OK I know TB said some were not available, but he did say some were expensive but when you look at how much Burke wasted on useless loans that Oscar refused to play. Could we have used that combined monies and backed Oscars judgement and brought in one or two that could have got us to the promised land. Look at the outcome, Garcia no longer wanted any part of the set up and walked away and look at the mess we are in now.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Such a shame Oscar wasn't backed with the players he wanted to bring in, OK I know TB said some were not available, but he did say some were expensive but when you look at how much Burke wasted on useless loans that Oscar refused to play. Could we have used that combined monies and backed Oscars judgement and brought in one or two that could have got us to the promised land. Look at the outcome, Garcia no longer wanted any part of the set up and walked away and look at the mess we are in now.

Would be interesting to see what would have happened if Bloom had restructured in the summer and given Oscar free reign. It's all pointless now as we'll never know but we never really used the contacts he had in Spain to bring in players, with the exception of David Rodriguez. We got in quite a lot of money through Barnes and Bridcutt last January and only bought Stephens so there must have been money available.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
No. Thanks for getting us to the play offs Oscar (or was that Upson?) but we need someone with a personality. His interviews were so soul destroying. Plus he loved JFC far too much too.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I for one was nutrual over Oscar,he did ok but we were still not quite right and the play offs would not have been reached if others were even marginally better,but i tend to have the opinion in life that things move on for good reason....thanks but no thanks.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
...but we need someone with a personality. His interviews were so soul destroying.
Does it actually, you know, matter?
Would you take Graham Norton and 40 points?
The interviews would be brilliant.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here