Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is Bloom clearing the decks in order to get Oscar back?

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Just getting a win and pushing us towards promotion is entertainment for me in itself, but then I am easily satisfied.
We beat Wigan the other month and i left that game as if it was another draw. Dreadful match.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
He got every last ounce of the injury & sale hit squad he had. I'd have him back in a flash - we've seen what happens when someone of less talent tries to play 'more exciting football'
Absolutely this.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
NSC can be a strange place at times, constantly harping on about previous managers and players all the time. It's almost as though some people lack the imagination to move onto new adventures and so keep going back over old familiar ground instead.

It's extremely unlikely Oscar will be making a return, and why would he, the club, or us want him to anyway? There was a clear difference of opinion between him and the powers that be and both were happy to part company. As far as watching the team under Oscar went... well it hardly had you on the edge of your seat did it. Yes, he achieved well all things considered by getting us to the play offs when you take into account the injury problems he had to contend with, and I applaud him for that, but in essence he only really had to keep the ball rolling from what Gus had set in place.

I wish him a full recovery from his recent health problems and hope he goes back to management and achieves success, but I certainly wouldn't want him back here. Time to move on.

Oscar only had one strategy - grinding out 1-0 wins often by only really attacking in the final half hour of games. Without Upson to marshall the defence and Ulloa to score the goals, Oscar would have been screwed. Think we'd have been awful this season under him, similar to all those draws that Sami got.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
oscar-smiling.jpg

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham
There was a clear difference of opinion between him and the powers that be and both were happy to part company. As far as watching the team under Oscar went... well it hardly had you on the edge of your seat did it.

You obviously misread the thread title about clearing the decks (Burke) to make things easier for Oscar by removing the differences of opinion. Also, realistically you are not really going to get 'edge of the seat' football particularly in the Championship, no matter who are new man will be. 'Edge of the seat' implies 'cavalier' which is not what we need right now. I think Sami tried this and failed miserably.

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
I'd have Oscar back tomorrow. I bloody loved him and was really sad when he left.

He was always an absolute gent and was just what we needed after the Gus fiasco. If anyone doubted his passion, you only had to see his reaction when we scored that goal at forest.

Unfortunately, I don't think he will come back.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Maybe Oscar looked at the squad available to him and thought 'bollox the only way we'll win any game is to grind out 1-0's'.
Sami looked at the squad available to him and thought 'attacking full backs and incompetent midfielders, is the way forward'.

We don't need history to judge the 2 managers abilities, in a win orientated job.

Hindsight would suggest Oscar with Gus' buying power would have been the way forward.
But that ship has now well and truly sailed.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Oscar only had one strategy - grinding out 1-0 wins often by only really attacking in the final half hour of games. Without Upson to marshall the defence and Ulloa to score the goals, Oscar would have been screwed. Think we'd have been awful this season under him, similar to all those draws that Sami got.

Don't understand this attitude as the logic is so obvious. We had a solid defence last year as, until the last few games, we were able to keep the same back 5.

Going forward, we had horrendous luck with injuries. In midfield/up front, Hoskins didn't play all season, CMS only featured in the last few games, Bridcutt got injured early on and then refused to play soon after coming back meaning we had to sell him, Crofts (who was our best player for the first half of the season) missed the second half of the season, Barnes was sold in January, Orlandi hardly played and finally, to completely contradict your point, Ulloa missed three months from September to December (and funnily enough we weren't screwed).

I don't think Oscar is coming back but he did an amazing job considering the injuries we had and should go down as one of our best managers, in my opinion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here