Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is anyone else exctied?

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
The rain has stopped, the sun is out. Birds are whistling in the trees, spiders starting to launch into their autumnal webbing. Nobody has been SINGED but I am full of joy & optimism as I head towards the Amex today.
Let's go.

_69649348_brighton_amex.jpg

Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean
The rain has stopped, the sun is out. Birds are whistling in the trees, spiders starting to launch into their autumnal webbing. Nobody has been SINGED but I am full of joy & optimism as I head towards the Amex today.
Let's go.

I was when i touched the kettle while it was boiling about 20 mins ago

Eddiespearritt

May 23, 2012
Central Europe
Usually the thought of watching a particular player excites me - even if Ulloa didn't always deliver I loved the idea that he might. In common with many others I'm not sure who can really deliver now - am I excited by the prospect of seeing Mackail-Smith in full flow - not really - Rohan Ince - no - JFC for excitement forget it - Buckley maybe could deliver but it's a while since he really excited.

Football surprises you quite often - but am I expecting an exciting 4-1 home win...... no.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
I've been totally unexcited until I woke up this morning. Nice bath, cooked breakfast and I am bang up for seeing LuaLua tear them apart. I'm even going to get there extra early . Can't wait!!!

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
Start of my 29 season of Albion attendance (less games when I was a nipper but still a supporter since 85). I have not been excited all season but woke early today and am now buzzing.

Seagull kimchi

Oct 8, 2010
Korea and India
It's a new season - of course I'm excited...but more I'm jealous because I make my living 8,000 miles away so going to the Amex is a blue moon experience for me....you lucky b'tards!!

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Once our [MENTION=12805]Hove Born & Bred starts his match day weather thread, then I'll know the seasons here.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I am looking forward to the game and will admit to a feeling of moderate excitement as the afternoon approaches. I hope I'm still feeling the same way once the game ends.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Yes, excited, even though today is a radio experience for me, and the Cheltenham game will be my first Amex visit.

Concerned where the goals will come from in this squad. We could do with an Ulloa replacement fast.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Anyone who is not excited by the first game of the season since we've been at the AMEX must have been f*****g suicidal most of the previous 20 seasons

Last edited:

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Didn't sleep last night - not sure if nervous or excited or a strange mix of the two!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Yes, excited, even though today is a radio experience for me, and the Cheltenham game will be my first Amex visit.

Concerned where the goals will come from in this squad. We could do with an Ulloa replacement fast.

I was actually more excited when we were at Gillingham and Withdean than I am this season. At least I understood why we would go into a season totally unprepared in those days. Seems madness to me this season and yes I do understand that we are complying with FFP, which has taken the thrill out of a new season for me.

No doubt all will be fine again once I am into the swing of the season regardless of how we do.

loco61

Jan 30, 2004
Hove GOSBTS
i would be excited, i want to be excited, but i drank one beer too many last night so need to sort myself out first and then the excitement will kick in. SEAGULLS!!

If you can't be excited by today, you might as well take up lawn bowling. The great thrill about today is that no one genuinely has a clue of just how bad or just how great we are going to be, but today we find out

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here