Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Irish Music - No Bono required

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
Moving Hearts comprised some of the best know Irish traditional / folk / Celtic rock artists of the past 40 years - the likes of Christy Moore, Donal Lunny, Declan Sinnott, Davy Spillane and many others. Here are three songs from Moving Hearts - Hiroshima, Nagasaki, Russian Roulette - Allende (about the loss of hope for a better future as a result of the CIA orchestrated coup in Chile in 1973) - and - McBrides (from a 2007 live album).

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
A couple of songs from internationally acclaimed jazz/blues singer Honor Heffernan - the first is the Eric Clapton song 'After Midnight' - the second is a Joni Mitchell song 'Blue'

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
5 piece 'powerpop' band Emily from Dublin/Donegal - a short-lived five piece that got messed about by their record company. They released one album in 2007/08 'This is our emergency'. I came across them when their music was used on a video of highlights of a local league soccer match. Love this stuff. Three songs from them - Drama Drama - Just Because You Say It - Dear Temptation

Last edited:

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Haven't trawled the whole thread, but hopefully these two haven't already been covered:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

A masterpiece!

Lankum.

What a band! I've only just discovered them. I've been missing out.

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
As Ireland is a Celtic nation, I hope you forgive me for posting some music of Galicia the Celtic part of Spain. The lady piper is one of the greatest players of the local version of the bagpipes. This was part of a Celtic festival held in Paris.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=631-b07omIU

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

Written by a Scotsman though.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

I particularly like this one. Especially having spent many years on the building myself.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here