Ipswich Town vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
i can see hoskins pushing barnes out in a few weeks time. barnes never makes anything happen or ever "runs a game"....but...he does score sometimes.

Against Portsmouth he took the initial shot that CMS followed up to score
Against Peterborough he closed down the keeper forcing the poor ball that went to Noone
Against Peterborough he won the freekick that harley scored from
Against Leeds he won the ball from the leeds throw and played it in to CMS
Against Leeds he took the ball from Calderon and took it into the area and slid it in for CMS
Against Palace he stopped a certain goal when he put the ball out for a corner to prevent it going through to an unmarked palace player at the far post as well as making several key challenges and winning a lot of freekicks both in our half to stop attacks, and in their half to give us a chance to push.

Plus 7 goals.

Which makes him involved in 12 of our 18 goals

matthew

Sep 20, 2009
Ovingdean, United Kingdom
i can see hoskins pushing barnes out in a few weeks time. barnes never makes anything happen or ever "runs a game"....but...he does score sometimes.

Ash is 21, our highest goal scorer and has created countless assists this season, yes his hold up play needs to get better but ffs he's 21 and he's gonna be great for us

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Carlos Andrews getting into space. This gap has been the accusation of the 4-2-3-1 (or variants thereof). I am not sure if this criticism is valid or not?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Ankergren :bowdown: likes to wind up the opposition fans :laugh:

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Afternoon folks! Doesn't sound like our lot have really started the match yet...

ps How's the Meg Mog' sitch glas? Any news??

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Sounds like Ipswich are chasing around fruitlessly in the heat.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports