Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ipswich Town vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

ridda

Oct 6, 2003
BN1
Calderon at fault for 2 of the goals giving chopra to much room, so i would say we need a least one full back if not two also we give the ball away in midfield far to easily so we need two quality midfielders as well.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Everyone seems to be beating everyone so I think it we can get a bit of consistancy back, we can get into a good leauge position. I think we need to sort out defensive mistakes, go back to basics.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
SCUMWATCH UPDATE
Palace rescue a draw after taking the lead twice against a superior West Ham side. Murray get his 3rd goal of the season :lol:
The FACTS : Brighton 5th , Palace down to 11th and 3 points behind the super seagulls. Palace haven't started their slump yet which is a bit surprising.

matthew

Sep 20, 2009
Ovingdean, United Kingdom
Can't believe how good saints are looking. Really hope we can get back to winning ways and stay in the play offs.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
It could be a really interesting few weeks now. If there is one thing I think we can all agree on about Gus, it's that he definitely will not stand for us letting in goals and losing games without taking some fairly swift action. I can see a permanent casualty or two in this team before long.

You have to question what the hell Gus was doing in the transfer market this summer though. The players we've brought in look very good, but it was virtally unanimous that we needed to sign a defender. I wonder why on earth we didn't.

Gus would have had targets to bring in to bolster the defence , they've signed for other clubs.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Worst league winless run in Gus's tenure? 4 games, one draw.

Other runs include
5 with three draws (2010/11)
6 with 4 draws (2009/10)

I don't think it's that our defenders aren't up to it at this level. Nor do I think we are facing talents that defenders can't deal with. Watching the leeds and palace games, and listening to Tanks' comments, the issue is that our defenders give opposition players too much time and space on the ball. Coaching can help, we need to coach them to pressure our opponents, to close them down when they are on the ball. Show some desire to win he ball off of them.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
We have not become a shit team overnight just seem to be getting the basics wrong at the moment. At least we have a break to address the issues as it's been a whirlwind of fixtures of late with limited time on the training ground.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Is the break good? Two weeks until we can get back to winning ways. 14 days to dwell on a run of poor form. I know NSC is going to make depressing reading for the next ~334 hours. Can I also work in that it's 20,028 minutes until the team can give us something to cheer about?

1,201,680 seconds.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Show some desire to win he ball off of them.
We tried this the 1st time we were in the Championship and conceded penalties left , right and centre because opposition players knew how to draw the fouls in the box. The difference between League 1 and the Championship is the pace and accuracy which we are now struggling to match. When it all falls into place we are shit hot , 2 or 3 players not giving 100% and we look like a frozen turd.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
We tried this the 1st time we were in the Championship and conceded penalties left , right and centre because opposition players knew how to draw the fouls in the box. The difference between League 1 and the Championship is the pace and accuracy which we are now struggling to match. When it all falls into place we are shit hot , 2 or 3 players not giving 100% and we look like a frozen turd.

It's not an either/or situation. It's not "try to win the ball and concede fouls every time you challenge" or "stand off and give them time and space to pick out passes/shots".

You can challenge for the ball, or even just pressure them when they have possession, and not concede free-kicks. The opposition this year seem to do it well enough.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Subs when we're winning against Palace, we lose...no subs at 2-1 down today, then put them on when we're 3-1 down

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
It's not an either/or situation. It's not "try to win the ball and concede fouls every time you challenge" or "stand off and give them time and space to pick out passes/shots".

You can challenge for the ball, or even just pressure them when they have possession, and not concede free-kicks. The opposition this year seem to do it well enough.
This is where we have been found out , managers have sussed out that Painter is a plodder at left back and once beaten is more than likely to give away a foul in a dangerous position , similarly they know Calde will bomb forward and struggle to get back into position and then stand off and allow the cross to go in.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here