Ipswich Town vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread *** (merged)

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I pity the poor *******s that have paid money to watch this.

Come on Albion FFS!!!

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I thought the idea was to have a squad whereby you could lose players and not be badly affected and we have spent good money achieving this, strikers aside. Ipswich are on a shit run and pretty rubbish not sure that scraping a draw is anywhere near good enough personally. This is assuming that we are trying to get promoted.

That half of football is not setting us up well for a much tougher assignment on Saturday

Ipswich haven't been beaten at home since April and have 9 men behind the ball. Frustrating yes, but that's football.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Ipswich haven't been beaten at home since April and have 9 men behind the ball. Frustrating yes, but that's football.

All true but happy with a draw at half time, really?

They may have 9 behind the ball but they have had far more shots and been much more attacking than us so hardly as negative as you make out.

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
I have links with the area and have watched Ipswich a few times (including fAlbion games) over the last three seasons. They are the most painfully boring team and seem to focus their entire game on closing down the opposition and making for a messy, claustrophobic match. They are physical and combative and this very tough to play against. Anyone who was expecting an easy game tonight was utterly deluded. Give our boys a break - a draw is a decent result if we can achieve it.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Get Hemed and Skalak off and put Elvis and Murphy on and then see if we can take the game to them.
would rather see Baldock with Murray - that's a partnership that we've hardly tried yet. Only started once, I think - and Baldock then got sent off.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Come on Hughton change it around it's plainly not working

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
All true but happy with a draw at half time, really?

They may have 9 behind the ball but they have had far more shots and been much more attacking than us so hardly as negative as you make out.

I'm repeating what the commentators have said. I'm not there so cannot say for myself.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
This sounds dire. Really hope we can grab the points, but doesn't sound like it.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
would rather see Baldock with Murray - that's a partnership that we've hardly tried yet. Only started once, I think - and Baldock then got sent off.

Does Baldock have that spark to be able to change a game though? I liked the look of Manu when he;s come off the bench late on recently.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Trouble is that neither Baldock or Murphy seem like the game changers that you get when you bring KLL on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports