Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ipswich Town vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread *** (merged)

To save us from the drop? Ha ha no I agree.. point won

Definitely 2 points lost. We are a much better side than them.
That was so painful to watch, especially having had to pay £35 for a ticket, plus having to get there.
We missed Kayal in midfield, and failed to control the centre of the park. That meant we couldn't get the ball out wide and using our best assets. So we ended up hoofing it up to Murray time and time again, who was not at his best. We ended up playing their game. It doesn't work with Murray and Hemed. They go for the same balls and want to occupy the same space. WE have no-one making runs and taking defenders out of position. We would have been better with Sidwell in the centre and Baldock up front alongside Murray.
Stephens was unlucky for his first booking, but not his second. It was a stupid challenge.
The positives are that they didn't steal the match from us. Which looked like they might, so we got a point. The defence looked solid again. And our fans sang their hearts out. Ipswich must have wondered where all the noise was coming from. They are so bloody quiet. Eerily so!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Thats seven clean sheets in ten league games isn't it?

With Kayal and Stephens missing on Saturday I'd bite your hand off for an 8th in 11.
But Ipswich could have played 'rush goalie' tonight and still kept a clean sheet.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
A yellow for applauding the ref? :ffsparr:

Meanwhile, Jamie Vardy shouts "YOU ****ING BALD ****" in Mike Dean's face, and nothing.

Great consistency there, refs. This is why people get frustrated with you.

Poyningsgull

Apr 12, 2007
When the home team set up as an away team with 5 across mid field, it is never going to be a classic.

I wasted 2 hours listening to that appalling game last night, and feel very dissapointed that we couldn't beat a crap Ipswich side with players out. Still, onwards and upwards.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here