Ipswich Town v Brighton & Hove Albion **** Official match thread ****

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hendrax

Jan 23, 2013
Worthing
0-0 HT. IPSW looked most dangerous but a timid performance from both sides. creativity need in the second half to liven' this game up.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
0-0 HT

Terrible advert for second tier football.

Still the second half is going to be AMAZING!!!!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Dull half with the nagging worry that we could concede at any minute, although it seems we have had the best chance. Hard to tell from commentary but that sounded pretty scrappy.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
If we keep improving, well be good enough to be called crap soon.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
We've not looked too bad, and we're getting the ball forward quickly. Baldock really tested Gerken. Lua Lua has also had a go but otherwise been very quiet. I'd be very surprised if he stays on. We need to link up slightly better in the final third and Tex could do it.

I'm going for a 0-2 win, not as bad as many are making out.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Am I watching the same game as everyone else? Think it's been ok so far, it's your standard midfield stalemate, that's football. It'll open up towards the end but both teams are keeping it tight in the first half.

Agree the movement up front hasn't given much to aim for, would like to see CMS running into the channels, it'll open up space for Baldock.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
This is shit from us

Very harsh. Ipswich haven't had a shot on target yet and we've forced a good save from the Ipswich keeper from Baldock. We've also had 8 shots with 2 on target. 0-0 is a fair scoreline so far.

Guy Crouchback

Jun 20, 2012
Happy with a clean sheet at HT

In all fairness, Ipswich didn't have a single shot on goal so far, so it wasn't difficult to keep a clean sheet.

Having said that, Stockdale did well coming out of his goal on one occasion, and had a couple of good catches, so let's keep our fingers crossed.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Am I watching the same game as everyone else? Think it's been ok so far, it's your standard midfield stalemate, that's football. It'll open up towards the end but both teams are keeping it tight in the first half.

Agree the movement up front hasn't given much to aim for, would like to see CMS running into the channels, it'll open up space for Baldock.

This. It's a good solid away performance so far. Hopefully Tex and Colunga can come on just after the hour mark and offer a bit more creativity.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We'd basically lost by half time last year, so this is an improvement. Let's win the second half.

Keeping The Dream Alive.

Naming Rights
May 28, 2008
WSU
We've not looked too bad, and we're getting the ball forward quickly. Baldock really tested Gerken. Lua Lua has also had a go but otherwise been very quiet. I'd be very surprised if he stays on. We need to link up slightly better in the final third and Tex could do it.

I'm going for a 0-2 win, not as bad as many are making out.

I'll go with these. Playing with a decent tempo but lacking a bit of guile. My main concern is we're gonna caught out down the flanks again, they're clearly targeting those areas...

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
They have hose-pipes. How tinpot is that? :lolol:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
0-0 half time. No real quality from either side in the first 45 minutes. Stockdale fills me with apprehension the same way Ankergren does , whenever Ipswich got into the box or had an attempt on goal the buttocks had to be clenched.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports