Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ipswich Town v Brighton & Hove Albion **** Official match thread ****

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Relegation battle? Horrible but possible! I so hope that I'm wrong as we haven't played as bad as the results suggest. Yet facts don't lie. A draw against Blackpool will look ugly. A potential loss against high flying Burton is avoidable but, not a guarantee. The next two games will crystalize punters opinions!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Thought that we deserved a draw this evening. We looked much stronger with Ince and Holla playing together as they wereable to cover the full backs. CMS and Baldock looked dangerous together and will cause some clubs great problems. A defeat but overall not down hearted with the display.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Not time to panic just yet. We played quite well but were a bit unlucky tonight. We might have been both a player and goal up. It was a much tighter defensive performance and the Holla/Ince partnership in front of the CBs looked quite assured. It was a real pity that a momentary loss of concentration by Baldock led to their first. Stockdale will look back and think he should dealt with their 2nd. We did not deserve a 2-0 defeat.

I do think it was a critical error to leave Teixeira on the bench until we were chasing the game. We were crying out for his skill.

I have seen enough to feel that we should beat Blackpool for a morale boosting win and 3 valuable points. The situation will then become clearer after the Forest and Watford games.

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
Personally I hunk we panicked and bought some very mediocre players in a last gasp attempt to please the fans. Slamming is learning, he needs to know that you cannot please all the people all f the time. A little more defence, some decent creativity in midfield and some one who finishes. However do we have the players?
Looking at the league and the quality of teams in it it clear we are at a mid table level at best, we need major investment otherwise whoever is managing we will be looking downwards from ow on.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Personally I hunk we panicked and bought some very mediocre players in a last gasp attempt to please the fans. Slamming is learning, he needs to know that you cannot please all the people all f the time. A little more defence, some decent creativity in midfield and some one who finishes. However do we have the players?
Looking at the league and the quality of teams in it it clear we are at a mid table level at best, we need major investment otherwise whoever is managing we will be looking downwards from ow on.

>Slamming

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Thought that we deserved a draw this evening. We looked much stronger with Ince and Holla playing together as they were able to cover the full backs. CMS and Baldock looked dangerous together and will cause some clubs great problems. A defeat but overall not down hearted with the display.

Those who went to Portman Road or who watched the live stream know instant success isn't guaranteed unless the club spends £££s on the squad which isn't an option. We have to persevere with what we've got and get on with it. The majority of bedwetters are those who listened to the match on radio or looked at a twitter timeline and didn't see the whole picture.

Fada

Aug 5, 2014
Finally i got to see some Brighton action as yesterdays match was streamed. It was great.

Some opinions.

Stockdale was suprised on the second goal. Shot also took a nasty bounce. Considering all these, it was Stockdales fault. In first goal, Stockdale made a good save but had no chance on the rebound. Elsewhere in the match, Stockdale made few good saves and got few crosses well. When Stockdale had the ball on his feet, he was very solid. Good precise passing. Definitely his strongest ability.

Defence was vulnerable. Bruno let his man go past him too often and usually with the ball. CBs were outnumbered but were decent on what they could do. Bennett was too often attacking and leaving his man open.

Ince was best player for me. He kept the ball well, he wanted the ball and he distributed it well. Holla was similar but less visible. JFC was most invisible.

LuaLua was visible and he can be a real threat. Only player on the starting line that looked dangerous every time he had the ball. Unfortunately he could finish his actions very rarely. Baldock and CMS were not a real threat at any point. Too little creativity and explosive actions.

Overall things, team kept the ball well with good movement and simple passes. There were only few dangerous actions and team was not able to break opposition line at their end. There were some fast counter strikes but at these, the passing failed usually. At own end, every time opponent got a cross in, it was a danger.

I feel there is potential but only if they get defence working. Changing players much is not a good idea either as it breaks harmony. I cannot believe it is too much to play twice a week as these guys should be in top form.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Finally i got to see some Brighton action as yesterdays match was streamed. It was great.

Some opinions.

Stockdale was suprised on the second goal. Shot also took a nasty bounce. Considering all these, it was Stockdales fault. In first goal, Stockdale made a good save but had no chance on the rebound. Elsewhere in the match, Stockdale made few good saves and got few crosses well. When Stockdale had the ball on his feet, he was very solid. Good precise passing. Definitely his strongest ability.

Defence was vulnerable. Bruno let his man go past him too often and usually with the ball. CBs were outnumbered but were decent on what they could do. Bennett was too often attacking and leaving his man open.

Ince was best player for me. He kept the ball well, he wanted the ball and he distributed it well. Holla was similar but less visible. JFC was most invisible.

LuaLua was visible and he can be a real threat. Only player on the starting line that looked dangerous every time he had the ball. Unfortunately he could finish his actions very rarely. Baldock and CMS were not a real threat at any point. Too little creativity and explosive actions.

Overall things, team kept the ball well with good movement and simple passes. There were only few dangerous actions and team was not able to break opposition line at their end. There were some fast counter strikes but at these, the passing failed usually. At own end, every time opponent got a cross in, it was a danger.

I feel there is potential but only if they get defence working. Changing players much is not a good idea either as it breaks harmony. I cannot believe it is too much to play twice a week as these guys should be in top form.

I disagree with you about Baldock not being a threat at any point, as Gerken had to make a very good save to stop his potential goal.

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
was there and thought we did ok for 80 mins - seriously unsure about the team selection. Ince was good, but why have Holla playing further forward instead of Teixeira. and KLL almost playing down the middle. And our forwards are just too small.

Fada

Aug 5, 2014
I disagree with you about Baldock not being a threat at any point, as Gerken had to make a very good save to stop his potential goal.
Getting in a good shot position once per match is not enough. If you are a threat, you have to create more than he did. Actually, i thought he came here to be the one that stays close to opponent goal and puts those balls in the net...

sllugaes

Dec 15, 2012
Anybody tell me how many of us went last night.
Cannot remember what it said on their screen, five hundred something?
Thanks

Fada

Aug 5, 2014
Ipswich Town FC ✔ @Official_ITFC
Follow

ATT: 15,726 (526 Brighton fans) #itfc
11:09 PM - 16 Sep 2014

sllugaes

Dec 15, 2012
was there and thought we did ok for 80 mins - seriously unsure about the team selection. Ince was good, but why have Holla playing further forward instead of Teixeira. and KLL almost playing down the middle. And our forwards are just too small.

Totally agree with this - ((clicked thumbs down in error and cannot remove - sorry)) yes are forwards against most the centre backs they have been up against are second best. This worries me greatly, a big hold up man does not mean we will start playing hoof ball, but can hit a long ball when needed to get knock downs for the likes of cms/baldock/colunga. Somebody in the mould of crouch who has good feet would be perfect.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Just watched the goals on Meridian News and I think the first goal was a bad mix up in the defence and nobody took the initiative to clear the ball when it entered the 6 yd box. The 2nd looked good at the ground but TV showed it to be a hit and hope shot that sometimes go in but mostly get nothing. He was very lucky with that shot and caught DS unaware.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Like others, saw their second goal for the first time on TV tonight.

To me, that is shocking goalkeeping. Bread and butter for a Championship keeper ... if he had turned it round the post, grabbed it or punched it out, it wouldn't have been mentioned as a fine goalkeeping.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here