Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ipswich Fans With Banners...

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It just doesn't make any sense at all does it lol.
Indeed.
Hang on. Is it having a go at Corporate naming rights? I think that's it. Maybe.
I think the reality is, they made a mistake. It was supposed to be 'There's some things money CAN buy. Football isn't one of them.' Suggesting we've spent money but the ground is shit, which would be incorrect. Idiots.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
I seriously don't get the banner? Do they mean you can buy a stadium with money? I'm rather confused, but we won - they lost and they can take their odd banner home with them...

How rather bizarre....if you're going to try and insult someone at least make sure you're insulting! :lol:

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
I think the reality is, they made a mistake. It was supposed to be 'There's some things money CAN buy. Football isn't one of them.' Suggesting we've spent money but the ground is shit, which would be incorrect. Idiots.

Yes, but you're only guessing. Anyway, how would they know? Or did they knock up the banner in the concourse before the game? Perhaps there was a queue for pies?

Truth is, we need to hear from the people who made the banner.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Yes, but you're only guessing. Anyway, how would they know?
Yes I am, that's all we can do as it made no sense. I imagine they just decided they didn't like the stadium or the club before they came.
Truth is, we need to hear from the people who made the banner.
You think they'll be capable of making sense. Optimistic. Assuming it was a cockup, there's a good chance they won't admit it.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
An amazing insult that banner however spurred us on

element

Fear [is] the key.....
Jan 28, 2009
Local
Unless it was in fact a benevolent gesture, nodding to the Goldstone being sold out from under us, and actually alluding to the Amex as proof of the pudding that football per se is bigger than Archeresque asset stripping ???

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
Very, very strange? Can't work out if it was a compliment or not. PLus they unfurled another banner in the second half. Some website address I think? Got taken away quite sharpish.

Can someone start the:

"Ipswich don't think much of our stadium"

thread now so we can get it out of the way? After that tonking I expect they'll be apopleptic about how plastic/unfinished/soulless it is :)

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
To be fair. Ipswich fan from a different board

1)"****ing idiots

I don't even know what point the morons were trying to make."

2)"If they are the people I think they are then they are a bunch of *****

The first one doesn't even make sense FFS.

I would like to apologise for them but I don't even want to be associated with them "

A brighton fan says they had another banner ready as well, anyone else see it? Wish I had if it was anyway near as comic as the last one!

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
The second banner had some reference to a web address, something like tppppft.com or similar to that, not one person could figure out what any of the banners meant. A steward simply ripped the last banner out of their hands and dumped it in the corner. I'm baffled but whatever the message meant it was lost on everyone and was taken as an insult.

That actual web address in google gives some results about corporate greed so maybe it was some crusty students protesting about Amex?!?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Second banner said "SayNoToEPPM.com I think. Which is a referenc to the Premier League stealing all the young talent from the football league

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
Very naive IMO as it got even mild natured fans near me wild as hell,with the disgraceful banner.........i mean what were they thinking.......

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Got involved with a Twitter debate at the start of the match:

A R Berry ‏ [MENTION=23245]Jamrelb[/MENTION] :
#itfc fans display the most ignorant banner ever seen in football history #bhafc

Tim Regester ‏ [MENTION=5325]TechnoTim2011[/MENTION] :
[MENTION=23245]Jamrelb[/MENTION] Clearly you must be all in favour of the corporatisation of football. #antimodernfootball #itfc

Tim Regester ‏ [MENTION=5325]TechnoTim2011[/MENTION] :
[MENTION=23245]Jamrelb[/MENTION] clearly you are a fan of the corporatisation of football. #antmoderndootball #itfc

A R Berry ‏ [MENTION=23245]Jamrelb[/MENTION] :
[MENTION=5325]TechnoTim2011[/MENTION] clearly you have absolutely zero understanding about the history of #bhafc .. even your own #itfc fans found it embarrassing

Bizarre!
We are clearly not the club this should be aimed at!

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here