Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ipswich Fans With Banners...

Feb 14, 2010
Pot Noodles, my last post clearly went over your head. Have a think why I mentioned football shirts given your aggressive post. Never mind, will make it easy, you are on an ignore list.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
....at The Amex today are ****s.

Discuss.

Hope we tear them limb from limb today....6-0

IMG_2854.PNG

Funny.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Get over it. It didn’t represent the views of Ipswich fans then or now. It’s akin to wishing ill fortune to Stockport County for ever more due to the antics of Jamie...

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
What's amusing about Ipswich - irrelevant of the old banners - is that they spent ages complaining about having Mick McCarthy as manager until he'd had enough and buggered off. Now they've got rid of him they must be much happier.

Also, they are the team who have been the Championship for the longest and ought to exit the division, one way or another.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I do think it was the right time for McCarthy and Ipswich to part. They had both gone stale together. That wasn’t the mistake. The mistake was getting Paul Hurst in.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Bit annoyed about Reading's last gasp winner. I really wanted them to slip back into the relegation zone.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Well said, worthingseagull123.... and it wasn’t long ago in our history when being at the foot of the second tier would have represented a rise up the Football League for the Albion!

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
With Reading & Rotherham both winning, it gives Millwall concern about their league position

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
I do think it was the right time for McCarthy and Ipswich to part. They had both gone stale together. That wasn’t the mistake. The mistake was getting Paul Hurst in.

Having lived in Suffolk since November, it appears as if fans are divided on the issue. Half seem to re-evaluating McCarthy's era in light of their relegation struggles and half are pleased he's gone, even if it has led to almost nailed on relegation. I think most are blaming Marcus Evans for allowing Hurst to get rid of so many Championship calibre players during the summer. Paul Lambert has verbally committed himself to the club if/when they go down to League One, and most of the fans seem fairly happy about this.

I go to see Colchester United a fair bit now so I'm really hoping the U's go up via the playoffs for a local derby next season.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Karma. Bye Ipswich. League 1 is horrific

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Think Ipswich are in a two horse race with Huddersfield to see who gets relegated first this season :lolol:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Ipswich finished 12th last season under MM, yet a large contingent of fans thought him unworthy of the job. They always sold their best players, and as [MENTION=31]El Presidente[/MENTION] pointed out in the past .... Ipswich had a tiny wages spend compared to virtually every other club in the Championship.

Now as good as relegated.

This is their Charlton & Curbishley moment.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Karma for their fans, who hounded McCarthy out despite him keeping their heads above water on one of the smallest budgets in the division. But apparently "the football wasn't good enough" - therein lies a lesson for us all folks. Be careful what you wish for...

I'd imagine Norwich's current position is rubbing considerable salt in the wound as well. Lovely stuff.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Actually, most are still happy to be rid of McCarthy. Attendances at Portman Road are higher than at this stage last season. Paul Lambert has helped to raise morale and strengthened the bond between the team, coaching staff and the supporters, something that hasn’t been there for a long time.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Actually, most are still happy to be rid of McCarthy. Attendances at Portman Road are higher than at this stage last season. Paul Lambert has helped to raise morale and strengthened the bond between the team, coaching staff and the supporters, something that hasn’t been there for a long time.

McCarthy would have kept them up.

Their morale and bond will be lovely in the 3rd division, with them being there for the first time since the 50's.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here