Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ipswich Fans With Banners...

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Exactly, Brighton cause mayhem all over Ipswich, Kidnapped / liberated an Ipswich fan but a poster on this forum seems to think that people just turned up in fancy dress. He then joins into a hissy fit about a er..banner. You couldn't make it up. Expect he also has a hissy fit about a few mouthy Millwall fans as well. Its either the worst case of one eyed outlook or he has has not supported Brighton for very long

Yes we know all about it-you've told us on every f***ing thread about Ipswich. Time you found a way to get out of the time-warp you find yourself in.

Feb 14, 2010
Some people seem to miss the point of my posts. Some on this site are very quick to attack other fans, whether its Leeds, Millwall, Ipswich or frankly anyone, its almost a weekly event. I therefore point out that Brighton are hardly in a position to be throwing stones given our own glass house with this very year fans locked up for up to 3 years. It was a banner, really stop being so precious and it hardly compares to Brighton's behaviour in Ipswich. What if Ipswich had behaved like Brighton, imagine the hissy fits on NSC then.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Some people seem to miss the point of my posts. Some on this site are very quick to attack other fans, whether its Leeds, Millwall, Ipswich or frankly anyone, its almost a weekly event. I therefore point out that Brighton are hardly in a position to be throwing stones given our own glass house with this very year fans locked up for up to 3 years. It was a banner, really stop being so precious and it hardly compares to Brighton's behaviour in Ipswich. What if Ipswich had behaved like Brighton, imagine the hissy fits on NSC then.

I love the fact 'precious' seems to have become the no. 1 buzzword on NSC. And we wonder why other fans think we're all gay.

Feb 14, 2010
I also would ask whether these precious attacks on other fans are by people not old enough to remember Fans United? If so then can someone tell them about it, as they really need to think about that before having a pop at every other club in the country

Jan 30, 2008
you're barking up the wrong tree , half of this lot are just a load of hot air and nieve to go with it .

Town fan

Feb 26, 2012
Just take it as an insult to the Amex, but then they can talk - Portman Road is the shittest stadium in the league ive been to - even Peterborough and its wooden seats is better.

That's just silly and you're lowering yourself to the same level as a handful of little plebs we have to tolerate at Ipswich.

Rise above it and realise that you're talking about a few little morons. Every club has them.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
you're barking up the wrong tree , half of this lot are just a load of hot air and nieve to go with it .

'Nieve' eh Das? At least you got 'you're' right this time. Well done.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
That's just silly and you're lowering yourself to the same level as a handful of little plebs we have to tolerate at Ipswich.

Rise above it and realise that you're talking about a few little morons. Every club has them.

Fair comment.

Brighton have plenty of half wits who get incredibly precious but are quite happy to dole out shed loads of abuse to fans of other clubs. Sorry it's not called abuse the word is banter! The joker who slagged off Portman Road is unlikely to have gone last season to places like Hartlepool, Yeovil, Bristol Rovers, Carlisle, Rochdale or Exeter. Not that there is anything wrong with any of those clubs or their grounds.

Personally I quite enjoyed the "harmless banner" episode. I got up, had a good shout and thought it made a refreshing change from overweight under-sexed, boorish Englishmen challenging my predictable heterosexuality.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Just for the record, i take back what i said and it was said in the heat of the moment without knowing the facts behind it - thats an apology if that werent clear enough.

freeblue

Feb 25, 2012
Hi to all Brighton fans, I was at the game on saturday and arrived in the away end after the banner was shown and only heard about it on the train after the game from some Brighton fans. I can assure you that the banner didn't represent the real Ipswich supporters who were at the game and I know that like myself all decent Ipswich fans have distanced themselves from the comments on the banner and the morons who brought it to the ground. I was at the Withdean on the day that you announced that permission had been granted for your new ground at Falmer and was delighted by the news that day as were all Ipswich fans in the ground that day and I remember at the end of the game when we all applauded each other as part of your celebrations. I would also like you to know that many Ipswich fans commented that day on our own website how pleased they were that you were going to have a new ground after the struggle you had to achieve planning consent. I really enjoyed the visit to Falmer on saturday and had a great day out (with the exception of the result) I thought that the stadium was very good and the atmosphere you created was brilliant. Goood luck for the rest of the season, if you can play like you did against us you will be in the playoffs I am sure of that.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Hi to all Brighton fans, I was at the game on saturday and arrived in the away end after the banner was shown and only heard about it on the train after the game from some Brighton fans. I can assure you that the banner didn't represent the real Ipswich supporters who were at the game and I know that like myself all decent Ipswich fans have distanced themselves from the comments on the banner and the morons who brought it to the ground. I was at the Withdean on the day that you announced that permission had been granted for your new ground at Falmer and was delighted by the news that day as were all Ipswich fans in the ground that day and I remember at the end of the game when we all applauded each other as part of your celebrations. I would also like you to know that many Ipswich fans commented that day on our own website how pleased they were that you were going to have a new ground after the struggle you had to achieve planning consent. I really enjoyed the visit to Falmer on saturday and had a great day out (with the exception of the result) I thought that the stadium was very good and the atmosphere you created was brilliant. Goood luck for the rest of the season, if you can play like you did against us you will be in the playoffs I am sure of that.

Cheers.

Seems to sum up the attitude of the Ipswich fans I spoke to after the game.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Thank you. Before this all flared up, many of us Albion fans on NSC were saying how we hold a torch for Ipswich Town as a club, and have fond memories of many of the wonderful football sides from Portman Road down the years e.g. the Robson, Lyall and Burley teams, which gave hope and a template for other clubs on what could be achieved with the right set-up. I will go on to say that all the Ipswich fans I've ever met have been genuinely nice. An unpleasant few on Saturday won't change my opinion.

Feb 14, 2010

Cheers and all the best. But I wouldn't worry about a few of the precious luvies on this site, they will have found another club to have a pop at next week. Its a regular feature, they will completely ignore what Brighton get up to and then deliver vitriolic abuse at another set of fans for something or other. All very strange really given our history and Fans United, but there you go, it will another clubs turn next week.

Noldi

Sep 5, 2010
Horsham
Taken from Ipswich Star

"The actions of a small number of Ipswich Town supporters has created an unnecessary tension with Brighton & Hove Albion.

An impressive 2,429 Blues supporters made the trip to the brand new Amex Stadium on Saturday, but a handful of them caused quite a stir when unfurling a provocative written statement just prior to kick-off.

The words read: “Some things money can’t buy. Football isn’t one: The Amex.’

It was greeted by resounding boos from the home crowd, who then gleefully suggested where the visiting supporters could stick their banner as each of their three goals hit the net over the ensuing 90 minutes of action.

Overlook the fact that a double negative creates confusion. And forget the fact that an attempted pun surrounding the stadium’s sponsors – American Express – was ruined by the fact that the slogan is actually from MasterCard.

Quite what the meaning of the message was remains something of a mystery.

Some have suggested that it was somehow a general political point at how the business aspect of football has sullied the beautiful game.

If that was the case then they couldn’t have picked a more inappropriate target for their frustrations.

Brighton were forced to move out of and sell their former Goldstone Ground home in 1997 to clear mounting debts. Their supporters then had to endure 14 years of ‘temporary’ measures, ground ground-sharing with Gillingham for two seasons – the Kent side situated more than 70 miles away – then moving into football unfriendly athletics stadium The Withdean, where fans were seated miles from the action.

Indeed, no-one could deny that the south coast club’s long-suffering fans deserved their new purpose-built 22,374 stadium at Falmer after facing a decade of red-tape frustration.

Was the banner trying to point out some sort of irony at the fact a club which had got itself into financial trouble was now sponsored by a credit card company?

Arguably the bigger irony was that those trying to make that point support a club which was in administration itself not so long ago and now relies heavily on the backing of a multi-millionaire owner in the form of Marcus Evans.

What is it they say about people in glass houses throwing stones? Perhaps they would be better off protesting at their own ground before pointing the finger at others.

The majority of Blues supporters have moved quickly to distance themselves from the banner, stating their embarrassment on internet forums and social networking websites. Unfortunately, though, Brighton fans will not forget this perceived cheap shot.

There was a time when many a football fan had a soft spot for ‘family club’ Ipswich Town. This is yet another setback for such a reputation."

Even the press don't like it.
Noldi.

Feb 14, 2010
So who will the next target be for the jester hat, football shirt wearing luvies on this site be? So far they have managed to abuse almost every club this season behind their keyboard. Is Fans United really that long ago?

Cornerpost

Aug 27, 2011
Hove
Just a bunch of carrot crunching thickies. Have to say though they`re not alone, a lot of people sub educated from the 80`s onwards are just as pig shit thick.

So who will the next target be for the jester hat, football shirt wearing luvies on this site be? So far they have managed to abuse almost every club this season behind their keyboard. Is Fans United really that long ago?

My oh my, that's one huge chip on your shoulder you've got there. Are you suggesting that people who wear replica tops now or back then didn't get involved in Fans Utd and saving our club? I suggest you dig out the photos and look at all the people at Fans United, on the marches, the York game, The Bournemouth game, up at Bill Archer's house (I was there at all those wearing my Albion top) and then tell me with a straight face that people who wear football shirts aren't proper fans who played their part in saving this club. You absolutely pompous arse.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here