Ipswich fans in hissy fit over losing Kuszczak race - to Brighton FFS!

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Hi swfc fan here, just wanted to say can't wait for the the game at your place coming up, i hear the grounds being extended further for the new season? look forward to a good game and a decent piss up!! can i ask u this , so far weve signed Chris Kirkland , Joe mattock , Anthony gardner and Kieran lee , as a brighton fan would u be happy with those signings?? as i can't help thinking were signing players that are both injury prone and prob out for a good pay day

Kirkland obviously has talent, but very injury prone, same with Gardner. Palace fans rated him highly, but he missed quite a few through injury and I believe he's not going to be fit for the first month or so of the season. Luck will have a big say in whether these two are great signings or not.

Not sure who Kieran Lee is I'm afraid?!

Joe Mattock is a very good signing, young, great going forward and although some thought he was dodgy when having to defend, I thought he was pretty decent. Disappointed we missed out on him.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
If truth be told I would be gutted with any of those signings, a bitter struggle against relegations awaits :nono:

You posted on the wrong thread , Wednesday haven't signed Ward , Wilbraham and Martin.

swfc1867

Jun 12, 2012
Kirkland obviously has talent, but very injury prone, same with Gardner. Palace fans rated him highly, but he missed quite a few through injury and I believe he's not going to be fit for the first month or so of the season. Luck will have a big say in whether these two are great signings or not.

Not sure who Kieran Lee is I'm afraid?!

Joe Mattock is a very good signing, young, great going forward and although some thought he was dodgy when having to defend, I thought he was pretty decent. Disappointed we missed out on him.

i don't know much about Kieran lee either tbh apart from he was at man utd as a youngster then went to oldham he's a right back and won oldhams player of the year for last 4 seasons, dave jones signed him within a week of us going up , it's whether he can hack it at this level though

Jan 12, 2012
i don't know much about Kieran lee either tbh apart from he was at man utd as a youngster then went to oldham he's a right back and won oldhams player of the year for last 4 seasons, dave jones signed him within a week of us going up , it's whether he can hack it at this level though

Gardner is a great defender, if he's fully fit. He missed the first 2 months of last season, and the last month or so. Our lost is your gain, good luck next season.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley

One person I really do rate is Dave Jones; I think you'll do alright this season... Though watch out for that shiester mandaric.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere

Stewartwonderland today @14.34

"This has got to be an all time low. Players choosing Brighton over us? You can't get much lower than that"

Christ! Who do they think they are? I had to pinch myself when I skimmed through that load of cobblers. We are talking Ipswich poxy town here not Barcelona ffs. God we have to teach those twats a lesson they'll never forget when we play them next. And I hope Tommy Blutack saves a bunch of penalties from John Wark or whoever the f*** plays for the barn dwellers these days.

Guy Crouchback

Jun 20, 2012
Greetings from Poland!

Hello everyone!

I am a football fan from Poland and I'm absolutely delighted to hear
that your club has signed Tomasz Kuszczak, one of our best keepers.
He wasted waaaay too much time sitting on the bench in Manchester,
and your club seems like a perfect place for him to play first team football.

I will be following his performances for Brighton and Hove Albion, and I hope
to learn more about your club and supporters. Once more, I congratulate
you on signing an international class keeper.

All best wishes

Last edited:

JetsetJimbo

Jun 13, 2011
Hello everyone!

I am a football fan from Poland and I'm absolutely delighted to hear
that your club has signed Tomasz Kuszczak, one of our best keepers.
He wasted waaaay to much time sitting on the bench in Manchester,
and your club seems like a perfect place for him to play first team football.

I will be following his performances for Brighton and Hove Albion, and I hope
to learn more about your club and supporters. Once more, I congratulate
you on signing an international class keeper.

All best wishes

I love it when we get posts like this, and from that Valencian fan when we signed Vicente. It shows we're signing players who are well-regarded, at least. Welcome! Most of us think Kuszczak is exactly the sort of keeper we need, give it a few weeks and we might have even learned to spell his name correctly. :cheers:

Guy Crouchback

Jun 20, 2012
Thank you for the welcome, Jimbo :cheers:

Should you need any information on Polish football (or spelling ;))
don't hesitate to ask, I will be more than happy to help.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Our first NT keeper at the moment is Wojciech Szczęsny (Arsenal) and the second is Przemysław Tytoń (PSV Eindhoven).
I would say Tomasz is our 3rd/4th keeper alongside Artur Boruc.

Hi Guy and welcome to the madness!

Why do you think the Poles have so many great keepers at the moment. The English used to have loads but in recent years the quality has diminished.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Interesting user name for a Polish supporter: is it because you're a devout Catholic or an anti-communist? Or just a big Waugh fan? :)

Good to hear from you though - how did Poland take to my knocked out at the group stage? Sad acceptance or anger at their failure?

Guy Crouchback

Jun 20, 2012
Hi Guy and welcome to the madness!

Why do you think the Poles have so many great keepers at the moment. The English used to have loads but in recent years the quality has diminished.

Hi, GCC Man! Why do Poles have so many great keepers? Beats me. I have often speculated.
Ever since I can remember it was always like that, we had quality keepers but mediocre teams
in general.

Gwylan said:
Interesting user name for a Polish supporter: is it because you're a devout Catholic or an anti-communist? Or just a big Waugh fan?

All the three answers are correct :)

Gwylan said:
Good to hear from you though - how did Poland take to my knocked out at the group stage? Sad acceptance or anger at their failure?

We hoped for a better performance by our NT, of course, but I suppose the early exit was only
to be expected. Until we can sort out our domestic football, improve youth training and kick out
the commie dinosaurs out of our FA, nothing will change. Oh, well...

England looks impressive though - it should be a great QF game against Italy. I can't wait :)

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I just looked through those comments.

"no signings, ths clubs a joke"
"manager wanted the signings before preseason starts"
"greatest football website - away fans visit us!" - complete with reference to what is going on on other boards
moaning at the moaners
suggsting players won't sign because of the moaners
"do well to avoid relegation" doomsayers

We really are all the same.

Blackcap

Nov 6, 2011
Shoreham by Sea
What a golden thread. First 7 pages of it, anyway.
I was in a bit of a bad mood when I woke up but read all the way through this over me breakfast and it's cheered me right up!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports