Ipswich fans in hissy fit over losing Kuszczak race - to Brighton FFS!

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Wow... the Cantona kick is still the only retort you retards have isn't it? Funny thing is though the actual guy he kicked was a Fulham fan.

Still what would you lot have known, you've been in our shadow for quarter of a century.

I don't usually join in in this JCL/plastic debate but after all the shit we get on forums and I get in person about our fans supporting other teams, it’s quite funny to see a youth proudly displaying his Man Utd colours in the PALACE end! I wonder how many other Man utd fans were amongst the home crowd in a modest gate of 18,000?

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
We've spent decades with one arm tied behind our back and (arguably) only now are we able to fully realise the potential of this great club. Many fans see us as a lower league, 6-7k crowd pulling club and it'll take more than a season at the Amex for people's opinions to shift towards us being the new Manchester United, sorry I mean Ipswich Town.

Surely you mean many YOUNGER fans? The average, more mature, fans will remember our massive away support and half decent team, from the Goldstone days (excluding the Archer/Bellotti period). Ipswich used to be owned by our fans when we played them, just like their yokel neighbours. In fairness, whilst we do get large crowds again these days, many are "going to watch a match" rather than truly dedicated fans. We have lost too many of those over recent decades. Not everyone came to Gillingham, and sat in the shitehole called Withdean.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
What are you talking about? I never mentioned catchment area? You didn't even know Brighton and Hove was a City? :wave: Fool :lolol:

He thinks catchment area is where all the thieving rioters and pyromaniacs were seen on CCTV.

Josky

Jul 18, 2003
Brighton
If there's one thing this does highlight, it is the need for what our new chief exec Paul Barber said in various interviews about building the Albion brand.

Even with all the news about the troubles the club has been through and building the Amex, there are still so many football fans (generally, rather than just BHA) and indeed players who have this idea of Brighton as a pokey club that used to play in a tinpot stadium.

Although the message is slowly seeping through, I expect there to be a major change in perception about what we're up to and what we are about now in the next 12-18 months under the new leadership that will help attract players and counter much of the ignorance regarding the club.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
They are saying similar stuff on the Watford forums " why would he go there over us " etc etc

Please tell me we dont react like this when we lose out on a player.....

Lets face it, if the wages on offer are similar and you have a choice between living in Brighton rather than Ipswich or Watford....and playing infront of 27k every week in a brand new state of art stadium its a bit of a no brainer...

Isnt it ?

Short of someone coming up with a definitive table of whom it's acceptable to lose out on a player (or manager) to, I can't see anything but more of the same ad infinitum.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Short of someone coming up with a definitive table of whom it's acceptable to lose out on a player (or manager) to, I can't see anything but more of the same ad infinitum.

BHA to Man United - Acceptable
BHA to Man City - Acceptable
BHA to Liverpool - Acceptable
BHA to Arsenal - Acceptable
BHA to Spurs - Acceptable
BHA to Ipswich - Unacceptable
BHA to Crystal Palace - Unacceptable
BHA to Norwich - Unacceptable
BHA to Everton - Debatably Acceptable
BHA to Sunderland - Debatably Acceptable
BHA to Newcastle - Acceptable
BHA to Chelsea - Acceptable
BHA to Southampton - Unacceptable
BHA to Bournemouth - Unacceptable
BHA to Portsmouth - Unacceptable
BHA to Real Madrid Acceptable
BHA to Valencia - Accceptable
BHA to Port Vale - Unacceptable
BHA to Reading - Unacceptable
BHA to Stoke - Jury's Out

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
The fact this thread has reached six pages proves that we are still a bit of a noddy club really.

No, no, you're completely right.

A club which has fought it's way back from imminent extinction. Who has risen from a stadium ripped away, via an athletics track, to a phenomenal, ever-expanding all seater stadium. A stadium which was recently voted the best new venue in the WORLD. A club with 23,000 season ticket holders. A club making exciting strides in the transfer market with a former spanish international playing for them.

A club who have a rich and LOYAL chairman at the helm and have recently appointented a chief executive of QUALITY background.

A club looking to build a state-of-the-art training ground.

A club pushing on to the premier league, with no outside debt and no foreign ownership.

A club who are becoming renowned for their exciting passing style, a style which recently helped convince a former Man Utd goalkeeper to join.

A club with an exciting up-and-coming manager who is already being linked to big job opportunities.

But you're right. All these things prove NOTHING.

THIS THREAD proves we are still a noddy club.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
The fact this thread has reached six pages proves that we are still a bit of a noddy club really.

No, disagree with that completely. We have had YEARS of missing out on players to the likes of Port Vale, and only getting players from the likes of Stockport when they are facing financial meltdown, so of course we are all delighted to see that changing. the fact is we are celebrating the boot being on the other foot and teams of a decent standing, history and reputation having their noses being put out of joint by losing out to US.

Quite the opposite to your remark, the fact this thread has run on - apart from the ridiculious "not a City" post - is because we are all so pleased that we are no longer that noddy club who couldn't hold on to Jeff Minton when the bright lights of Vale Park appeared on his horizon. We've come a long long way!

Fair enough, I was wrong. We are not a noddy club. We've just got a lot of noddy fans, arguing the toss with a teenager over Brighton & Hove's city status (it would seem, I haven't actually bothered reading most of the crap) and displaying a major inferiority complex over Ipswich fans bitching about our latest signing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports