Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ipswich fans in hissy fit over losing Kuszczak race - to Brighton FFS!

D

Deleted member 22389

Last season they had 13,370.

http://www.twtd.co.uk/news.php?storyid=20737

We'll probably have 10,000 odd more ST holders this season but we are still little Brighton. ???

After their stupid banner last season they have got what they deserve over this keeper. The reason we got the keeper was because of our setup. He looked at our stadium and could see more of a future here. For some players its not just about the money, or the history of the club, its about the area, the stadium, the staff. The Amex blows people away when they see it.

Just like England, we are finally getting what we deserve as Brighton supporters after all these years of being in the shadow.

If they don't like it, tough. They should submit their own plans for a new stadium and just accept it.

Last edited by a moderator:

JetsetJimbo

Jun 13, 2011
That Palace fan in this thread trying to claim the guy Cantona kicked was a Fulham supporter is talking absolute balls, his name was Matthew Simmons and he was a Palace STH until he got banned over that incident. He might have gone to Fulham games since, but he was definitely a Palace fan before having the decision forced on him to support a better, less shitty club. The guy's from Thonton Heath ffs, of course he's a Palace fan.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Woooooooh! touchy subject, so you're a so called 'city', still makes you a smaller club then Ipswich i'm afaid.

Kuch'cack' btw is not a patch on Speroni and you know it.
God it's back after his red faced half hour in the corner (blush,blush)....so you think you have the best Goalie in the division...and still ended up 17th...even Ipswich finished above you...remind me what clubs has Speroni played for?

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
That Palace fan in this thread trying to claim the guy Cantona kicked was a Fulham supporter is talking absolute balls, his name was Matthew Simmons and he was a Palace STH until he got banned over that incident. He might have gone to Fulham games since, but he was definitely a Palace fan before having the decision forced on him to support a better, less shitty club. The guy's from Thonton Heath ffs, of course he's a Palace fan.

Could'nt be anything else mate,

That's alright...he has come up with gems like...'Brighton' is NOT a city...you have been enlightened O' thick one.
Gem2. It was a 'Fulham' fan that Cantona kicked....sorry pal...not often you're right but you're wrong again...epic fail :ffsparr::ffsparr::ffsparr:...education is not really his strong point is it!:bigwave:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The Queen granted us city status at the turn of the millenium. Her great great grandmother donated one of her palaces to us.
250px-Brighton_Royal_Pavilion.jpg

The morons at the top of the A23 had a Crystal Palace in Penge, which, guess what? Yes, it burned down. They have previous form.
crystal-palace-on-fire-00032-640.jpg

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials

This will be rather hard to prove, because Speroni will have so many chances to make spectacular saves playing behind the Palace back four while Kuszczak will be largely unemployed with our iron-clad rearguard in front of him ....

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
After their stupid banner last season they have got what they deserve over this keeper. The reason we got the keeper was because of our setup. He looked at our stadium and could see more of a future here. For some players its not just about the money, or the history of the club, its about the area, the stadium, the staff. The Amex blows people away when they see it.

Just like England, we are finally getting what we deserve as Brighton supporters after all these years of being in the shadow.

If they don't like it, tough. They should submit their own plans for a new stadium and just accept it.

In fairness to Ipswich, for a long time they have been one of those clubs that could reasonably expect to spend a couple of seasons here and there in the top flight, but the days of them being a big club are gone. True, their attendance compared to the size of the town is probably pretty good, because they attract support from all over Suffolk (as Narch do in Norfolk) and because there isn't much else to do round there (see Narch again).

Under the Cobbold family and later David Sheepshanks, it was a friendly club that bought well and had a good relationship with its fans. I'm told that things are very different under the reclusive Marcus Evans and the David Brent clone who runs the place day-to-day.

But if people want to keep underestimating little Brighton, good luck to them. They may learn the error of their ways.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Woooooooh! touchy subject, so you're a so called 'city', still makes you a smaller club then Ipswich i'm afaid.

He shares similar characteristics to Ipswich. He used to be good.

NickBHAFC18

Feb 24, 2012
Brighton
It's weird, we certainly have more "ambition" than them as a club, and will most likely challenge for a play off position over them as well. Do clubs still think we're that tinpot?

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Ipswich Town yet another deluded club thinking they are still "up there with the big boys"

Players WILL start to choose Albion over other clubs because of the following reasons.....
We have a great manager and asst manager ,fantastic coaching staff,
one of the best scouts in Europe, a CEO worthy of the Premier League,
a board and Chairman who are all Albion fans, level headed and don't chuck money away on big names that don't deserve it.
Plus one of the best new stadiums in the world ( i believe we got voted on that didn't we ?) a brilliant new academy soon to be up and running
and the best fans IMHO in England !!!!!
Oh and not forgetting the bestest pies in England too !!!!!!
Why would players not want to come to Brighton ???????

Last edited:

D

Deleted member 22389

In fairness to Ipswich, for a long time they have been one of those clubs that could reasonably expect to spend a couple of seasons here and there in the top flight, but the days of them being a big club are gone. True, their attendance compared to the size of the town is probably pretty good, because they attract support from all over Suffolk (as Narch do in Norfolk) and because there isn't much else to do round there (see Narch again).

Under the Cobbold family and later David Sheepshanks, it was a friendly club that bought well and had a good relationship with its fans. I'm told that things are very different under the reclusive Marcus Evans and the David Brent clone who runs the place day-to-day.

But if people want to keep underestimating little Brighton, good luck to them. They may learn the error of their ways.

Little old Brighton. That's the part the grinds me about some of the messages on their forum. Wish some of them would understand why we might be attracting these sort of players. I agree Ipswich supporters have higher expectations and they have enjoyed more success than us. I am not going to take that away from them. However times have changed and clubs can no longer get by solely on their support and their past history, tradition. You need money, and you need to show these players that the club has a future and is going places.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Calm down mate you wanna take your meds before posting in future me thinks! If you weren't so thick you'd realise Croydon is not our only catchment area, it's only one of many boroughs surrounding Selhurst Park.

What are you talking about? I never mentioned catchment area? You didn't even know Brighton and Hove was a City? :wave: Fool :lolol:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Little old Brighton. That's the part the grinds me about some of the messages on their forum. Wish some of them would understand why we might be attracting these sort of players. I agree Ipswich supporters have higher expectations and they have enjoyed more success than us. I am not going to take that away from them. However times have changed and clubs can no longer get by solely on their support and their past history, tradition. You need money, and you need to show these players that the club has a future and is going places.

We've spent decades with one arm tied behind our back and (arguably) only now are we able to fully realise the potential of this great club. Many fans see us as a lower league, 6-7k crowd pulling club and it'll take more than a season at the Amex for people's opinions to shift towards us being the new Manchester United, sorry I mean Ipswich Town.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
They are saying similar stuff on the Watford forums " why would he go there over us " etc etc

Please tell me we dont react like this when we lose out on a player.....

Lets face it, if the wages on offer are similar and you have a choice between living in Brighton rather than Ipswich or Watford....and playing infront of 27k every week in a brand new state of art stadium its a bit of a no brainer...

Isnt it ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here