Ipswich fan here

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

ArnoldLayne

Jan 19, 2015
Just decided to long and direct last night then? Will have to take your word for that as like you say you watch them every week and I've only seen them on the TV a couple of times. Like I said its not a criticism, you have to make the best of what you have and Ipswich certainly seem to be doing that.

I didn't say we just decided to go long and direct last night.

I said we don't go long and direct all the time (i.e for the full 90).

We know our best style but we can be flexible when we have to be.

Just like Brighton I would of thought?

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Now about all that fist pumping at the end. What a nobber!

This. So utterly cringeworthy it actually cheered me up a bit. Although I confess I was a tad confused when it later emerged that Ipswich had neither achieved automatic promotion or won the World Cup.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Two things.

2) Whichever Brighton fans booed your lot when they announced how many you brought to the game should be ashamed. You brought a good crowd for a Tuesday night and it seemed like you were singing pretty regularly. So well done to your fans - you represented your team well.

They hardly had to come from the other end of the country did they?

This whole clapping the away fans thing is utterly ridiculous. I know people that travel longer distances to home games and I don't give them a round of applause.

I'll be glad when they stop reading out the away attendances then the sycophants who clap away fans like muppets can concentrate on supporting their own team.

Sometimes the crowd is too bloody polite and I that's why we get so many cheap refereeing decisions given against us.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
They hardly had to come from the other end of the country did they?

This whole clapping the away fans thing is utterly ridiculous. I know people that travel longer distances to home games and I don't give them a round of applause.

I'll be glad when they stop reading out the away attendances then the sycophants who clap away fans like muppets can concentrate on supporting their own team.

Sometimes the crowd is too bloody polite and I that's why we get so many cheap refereeing decisions given against us.

You don't have to cheer them, but booing them is pathetic and there were a lot of boos from Brighton fans last night.

And Ipswich is 3 hours away realistically, on a Tuesday night. Yes it's Christmas, but they still did well to get down there.

P.s. I'm not sure you understand what a sychopant is.

P.p.s. I didn't say we should cheer them. I said we shouldn't have booed them and that they represented their team well. quite why you find that insulting/you're getting worked up about that is beyond me.

ArnoldLayne

Jan 19, 2015
This. So utterly cringeworthy it actually cheered me up a bit. Although I confess I was a tad confused when it later emerged that Ipswich had neither achieved automatic promotion or won the World Cup.

Captain of club celebrates away victory with 1700 travelling fans. Celebrates victory like that with us over the last three years home or away.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Captain of club celebrates away victory with 1700 travelling fans. Celebrates victory like that with us over the last three years home or away.

:D that's made me even more chipper - cheers.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Im in the no clapping brigade but what do i know

I'm with you on this. I find the whole clapping the away support utterly cringeworthy. In all the years of going to away games, including watching other teams, when living away from Sussex, I can't recall ever the home support giving a round of applause to the travelling support.

I'm no advocate of extreme crowd behaviour but this seething cauldron of niceness that the Amex has become is tiresome.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Two things. 1) Ipswich came with a game plan and it worked. You have one of the best strikers in the division and it was a difference maker, particularly with Sears rightly targeting Calderon so that you constantly had an outlet.

2) Whichever Brighton fans booed your lot when they announced how many you brought to the game should be ashamed. You brought a good crowd for a Tuesday night and it seemed like you were singing pretty regularly. So well done to your fans - you represented your team well.

They were silent. SILENT till they scored. It's not just about numbers.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Every professional footballer knows that he can easily become a cult [sic] by habitually winding up the crowd with exaggerated displays of passion.

99.9% resist the temptation because they are not complete tw@ts - if that clown is really the club captain then it makes it even worse.

I'll enjoy watching Ipswich get nowhere near promotion this year. They caught us at a very good time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports