Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ipswich fan here

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Did you get your beach ball back ? Bit harsh the lad getting thrown out for tapping out of the stewards hands ! And what was going on with the cardboard box ?

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I've posted quite a few times on this forum (excellent btw) and had chats pre and post game.

Didn't get a chance before the game and now holed up in Lewes as trains back home a nightmare.

Very happy with that tonight obviously, five away wins on the bounce.

Thought we may have a chance when I saw your injury list and sticking Sears up against Calderon worked well for us in the first half,

I was very impressed with Goldson for you and I thought van La Parra was decent as well. Pleased to see Wilson on the bench.

See you in the playoffs?

Did you really only pay £100,000 to Colchester for Freddie Sears? If so, that's one hell of a bargain you got there!

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I thought the return of Crofts meant one less player needed in the transfer window. Not all bad news.

With our injury situation, I expected 1-1 last night.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
He actually cost us £150,000 but yes, a huge bargain, probably our player of the season.

£150,000 is an absolute steal! I see you've wisely tied him up with a long contract extension too. Very good bit of business all round there.

HH Brighton

Jul 25, 2003
I've posted quite a few times on this forum (excellent btw) and had chats pre and post game.

Didn't get a chance before the game and now holed up in Lewes as trains back home a nightmare.

Very happy with that tonight obviously, five away wins on the bounce.

Thought we may have a chance when I saw your injury list and sticking Sears up against Calderon worked well for us in the first half,

I was very impressed with Goldson for you and I thought van La Parra was decent as well. Pleased to see Wilson on the bench.

See you in the playoffs?

Hopefully won't see you in the play offs but of we do can't see us beating you playing that style of football. Not great to watch but we don't handle that style of football very well and we concede too many free kicks for you not to score. I think Wimbledon were the last team I saw line up like that from the centre kick, like the charge of the light brigade !! Not sour groups, its very effective and I think you will be in the play offs.

ArnoldLayne

Jan 19, 2015
£150,000 is an absolute steal! I see you've wisely tied him up with a long contract extension too. Very good bit of business all round there.

We bought Tyrone Mings for £10,000 and sold him for £8,000,000 to Bournemouth but MM has kept his hands in his pockets and scoured the market for bargains. Some ITFC fans think he should be a bit more lavish in the transfer window to consolidate and push on but I can't see it happening. Tight as a duck's arse. Nothing wrong with that of course.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
We bought Tyrone Mings for £10,000 and sold him for £8,000,000 to Bournemouth but MM has kept his hands in his pockets and scoured the market for bargains. Some ITFC fans think he should be a bit more lavish in the transfer window to consolidate and push on but I can't see it happening. Tight as a duck's arse. Nothing wrong with that of course.

Well he is from Yorkshire after all :lol:

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting

I was talking to a couple of Ipswich fans and it seems your chairman is loaded and will buy when he feels the need. Meantime he has done some shrewd and very good buys.
McCarthy plays a certain style, which involves strong players to latch onto the big boot style. Effective though not pretty. A disallowed perfectly good goal and a bad slip was the difference.

ArnoldLayne

Jan 19, 2015
I was talking to a couple of Ipswich fans and it seems your chairman is loaded and will buy when he feels the need. Meantime he has done some shrewd and very good buys.
McCarthy plays a certain style, which involves strong players to latch onto the big boot style. Effective though not pretty. A disallowed perfectly good goal and a bad slip was the difference.

Nowhere near as a "big boot style" team as everyone thinks we are.

Strong, yes and we never give up but we can play football when needs be.

HH Brighton

Jul 25, 2003

Rose tinted specs mate, was not much football played last night, get it up there and pick up the bits and pieces, well drilled set pieces and long throws that cause all teams problems.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting

I think with the pace you have up front the boot and chase is a big advantage. I did notice that you tend to boot the ball out of defence rather than play it out, not a bad thing especially as we have been caught out a few times by passing the ball out.
I think that the stick that Hughton is getting re our line up shows that he was worried about the pace of your front men and wing play. Crofts was brought in at the expense of another striker because Godson was playing his first full game and Calderon bless him is no left back but our two left backs are out with injury, so to cover in front of the back four really..
I hindsight Godson played well and our two other CB's out with injury were not missed, so we could have started with two strikers although neither Wilson or Zamora were fully fit.
Anyway, onward and upwards a really exciting league with many twists and turns to come.

ArnoldLayne

Jan 19, 2015
Rose tinted specs mate, was not much football played last night, get it up there and pick up the bits and pieces, well drilled set pieces and long throws that cause all teams problems.

Rose tinted specs? I've watched every game this season and we don't get long/direct all the time. Long may other clubs think we just hoof it all the time. Will play into our hands.

ArnoldLayne

Jan 19, 2015
I think with the pace you have up front the boot and chase is a big advantage. I did notice that you tend to boot the ball out of defence rather than play it out, not a bad thing especially as we have been caught out a few times by passing the ball out.
I think that the stick that Hughton is getting re our line up shows that he was worried about the pace of your front men and wing play. Crofts was brought in at the expense of another striker because Godson was playing his first full game and Calderon bless him is no left back but our two left backs are out with injury, so to cover in front of the back four really..
I hindsight Godson played well and our two other CB's out with injury were not missed, so we could have started with two strikers although neither Wilson or Zamora were fully fit.
Anyway, onward and upwards a really exciting league with many twists and turns to come.

Between us and you for sixth, in my opinion.

HH Brighton

Jul 25, 2003
Just decided to long and direct last night then? Will have to take your word for that as like you say you watch them every week and I've only seen them on the TV a couple of times. Like I said its not a criticism, you have to make the best of what you have and Ipswich certainly seem to be doing that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here