Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ipswich Clearout

Level 42

Gecko
Aug 14, 2003
Southwick
From BBC Sport:

Manager Jim Magilton is inviting offers for midfielders Gavin Williams and Gary Roberts, defenders Dan Harding and Matt Richards and striker Billy Clarke.

Magilton told BBC Radio Suffolk: "I would not like to stand in the way of them playing first-team football.

"If I can't guarantee first-team football, I think it would be best for both parties if they moved on."

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
So that's 5 new Albion players then

Old Greg

It's Choade My Dear
Feb 5, 2008
I thought Billy Clarke was a good player?

I reckon all of them would get into our squad with ease.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Which means nothing is arranged to take on Richards. It is quite conceivable that we may not secure his services, if there is a better offer elsewhere and we are left with NO left-back at the club.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
If DW were still manager then I might be tempted to say that they would pretty much take care of our summer signings...but with MA at the helm I am not sure, hopefully someone will tell him how good Matt Richards is.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Having seen Ipswich quite a few times I'd say that both Billy Clarke and Gary Roberts would be very good signings.

steward 433 said:
Speaking to him after a game one day he said he wanted to come here permanatly

That counts for nothing now though. Richards was a Wilkins player and we have no idea if Mickey would be interested in him even if the player wants to move here. I would love to sign Matty but the change of manager has reduced the chances of that happening.

Last edited:

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
...do you think we should ask them if they have a goalie going spare, could have this done and dusted by the middle of next week and all go off on our holidays happy.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I'd love it if Harding came back but I think there may be a stoning if he did

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
Having seen Ipswich quite a few times I'd say that both Billy Clarke and Gary Roberts would be very good signings.

That counts for nothing now though. Richards was a Wilkins player and we have no idea if Mickey would be interested in him even if the player wants to move here. I would love to sign Matty but the change of manager has reduced the chances of that happening.

Or maybe enhanced it? We will find out in due time but Richards is quality.

Can't comment on the other two as have not seen enough of them

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here