Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

iPhone 6 / iPhone 6 Plus / Apple Watch

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
I'm also looking to get an iphone 5 once their price starts tumbling (hopefully) in the next few weeks.

Had to give up my last iphone after changing jobs a couple of years and I've really missed it.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I will take a look at the apple presentation however I've had an iphone for years and have pretty much had enough.

Has anyone switched from an iphone 4 or 5 to a samsung galaxy s5 and had any pain? User experience pretty much seems the same now between android and iOS?

I have a nexus and love that with android I can easily and freely download music. Play acestream and sopcast. And I don't have to connect to bloody iTunes.

I also like the fact that the s5 is water resistant and has a retractable battery.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
It is amazing that there is no standalone watch where you can set vibrate reminders for yourself without the text being some monospaced text hell-hole... like on http://watchminder.com

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Was an Apple iPhone fan/user up until the 5s when I realised Apple are just taking the pi$$ out of customers by charging an extortionate premium for an average product.
I returned the 5s within the first week, bought a Moto G and pocketed the change.
I don't feel Apple offer anything that any other leading suppliers don't, apart from great customer service.
That said, I do use an iPad mini (bought whilst on offer) and use it daily.
I'll be sticking with the Moto G series from now on as I'm not too fussed about paying the extra £400.00 for a fingerprint scanner & better camera.
Each to his own.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
By way of an aside, iOS is the official operating system of NSC. That substantially more people access via iOS than Android is a given, but iOS also beats Windows comprehensively too.

This cheers me no end.
Interesting. Is that evidence that NSC is dominated by the online equivalent of the prawn sandwich brigade?

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Have to agree with the 'meh' comment. Apple fell off the pace in smartphone leadership a couple of years ago in terms of hardware, and I haven't seen anything about this 'phone that suggests it's anything than a catch-up.

Maybe, but from an application and user interface perspective it is still ahead of the chasing pack. IPhone for me anytime.

TNBA

TTF

jgmcdee

Mar 25, 2012
Maybe, but from an application and user interface perspective it is still ahead of the chasing pack. IPhone for me anytime.

I don't find one much different from the other; they've been borrowing each other's good ideas for the past few years and I think it comes down more to personal preference. It's not like the bad old days where one OS could do something significant that the other couldn't.

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
I was hoping the announcement would be something along the lines of opportunities for their employees.

Maybe not.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/26/b...for-workers-in-china.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

Put the news s tory in context - "Apple is not the only electronics company doing business within a troubling supply system. Bleak working conditions have been documented at factories manufacturing products for Dell, Hewlett-Packard, I.B.M., Lenovo, Motorola, Nokia, Sony, Toshiba and others. "

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
Thanks to Vodafone excellent 12month contract deal, I will be selling on my 5s and getting the smaller 4.7" 6 when it comes out. Anyone interested in a mint 5s?

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
If I was buying Android, I'd be buying the Sony Xperia Z3 when it comes out shortly. Sony have the best build quality in Android-land to my eye and everything else about the phone is top-of-the-line.

http://www.stuff.tv/sony/sony-xperia-z3/review

If I HAD to go to the dark side, I'd opt for the new Moto X

Back to good technology now. The iWatch is going to be the biggest product launch of all time IMO. The pairing with HomeKit is something I can't help but drool over.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'm getting fed up with the fact that nearly every single (admittedly heavily used) Android I've ever used just grinds to a halt eventually - even my Sony Xperia Z screwed up after a Android/Google Play Services release a few months ago and is no longer particularly responsive.

So my question is - does the iPhone stay fast or will that slow down eventually too? Because Apple fanboys used to tell me that the iMac would stay fast forever, yet although mine is still running reasonably well, it has definitely slowed down.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
So my question is - does the iPhone stay fast or will that slow down eventually too? Because Apple fanboys used to tell me that the iMac would stay fast forever, yet although mine is still running reasonably well, it has definitely slowed down.

My Macbook is late 2010 and it's pretty damn slow now to be honest. My iPhone 5 is still as fast as the day I bought it almost 2 years ago, but the battery life is awful - apparently a defect on the model I have which Apple are replacing for free if I take it into a shop. Can't complain.

The problem with Android will always be the gap between software and hardware providers.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Cheers [MENTION=8459]TWOCHOICEStom[/MENTION], that is interesting. And I agree with you about the software/hardware disconnect.

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
My MacBook Air is from 2011 and very fast on Mavericks. My iMac is from 2010 and with an upgrade to 16GB RAM it positively flies - oh and the small matter of a £600 resale value makes it more than worthwhile, considering I bought it for £1200 3 years ago.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Anyone arguing the toss between Apple and Android phones, need to take stock, and thank their lucky stars that their company isn't tied in to sodding Blackberry.

Three handsets in 12 months now. Every single one failed. Absolute shit.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Best product to access the best fans forum. NSC on the iPad is a delight to use.

As a very recent iPad Air purchaser (my first iPad), I can verify this. I've got the big board saved as an app on my home screen. Tapatalk annoyed me

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here