iPhone 6 / iPhone 6 Plus / Apple Watch

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
Have 27inch IMac, Apple IPad Mini and used to have IPhone but
Decided on upgrade to change to Samsung 4 !
What a load of shite !!!!
Sold it and got Apple IPhone 5s my Apple family is now together once more.
Android I spit on your inferior product.

I am not a fan of Android but if you already had the other Apple products it was madness getting an Android device anyway due to the operating systems. I have been through them all and find that mixing your operating systems is a pain in the backside.

I currently have the Samsung Galaxy Tab S as a replacement for my I pad which is pretty nice and a HTC One Mini 2 but as I said am not a fan of Android but I am getting used to it.

I want to go back to a Windows set up with a Nokia phone & a surface tablet/ laptop, does anyone have a new surface & -if so what do you think? (Apologies for hijacking your Apple related thread Bozza)

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Can't believe the amount of mugs out there who just 'have to have the latest this or that'. FFS it's a bloody phone. This is the reason virtually no one ever has a proper conversation with anybody these days - they're all to busy texting their mate sitting next to them or putting banal comments on Facebook like 'I'm at Starbucks' - just in case I was panicking where they were.

Yes smart phones are great functional devices but like the last upgrade with fingerprint recognition - who really gives a Sh*t?

D

Deleted member 18477

Apple phones > Samsung phones (and yes I have used both).

Had a Samsung for a couple of years and can't wait to go back to apple when this beauty is released!

Luckily I have an iPad which I use at home so haven't suffered as much as I could have done...

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Can't believe the amount of mugs out there who just 'have to have the latest this or that'. FFS it's a bloody phone. This is the reason virtually no one ever has a proper conversation with anybody these days - they're all to busy texting their mate sitting next to them or putting banal comments on Facebook like 'I'm at Starbucks' - just in case I was panicking where they were.

Yes smart phones are great functional devices but like the last upgrade with fingerprint recognition - who really gives a Sh*t?
:lol: so true, I've already read a post on here in which the poster expresses their dissatisfaction with Apple, but will buy the latest phone regardless ?!? Wtf is that about :lol:

D

Deleted member 18477

Its quiet astonishing how excited people get over a bloody phone...there's goner be little diffrence between the 5 or 6 iPhone's:lolol:

We don't all have the 5 or 5s! I have a stupid Samsung galaxy and can't wait to revert back to apple!

It's a device that makes my life better, not a device that runs my life and therefore I am excited! :clap:

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
:lol: so true, I've already read a post on here in which the poster expresses their dissatisfaction with Apple, but will buy the latest phone regardless ?!? Wtf is that about :lol:

Yeah - don't get me wrong, I think they are really useful, but I don't excited when the latest model comes out. Now I'm in my 40's smart phones are just functional pieces of kit to me, but I know from the younger members of my office team that they just have to have the latest version (often paying redemption charges to end their existing contracts early) just so they have got the latest model!

I've got a Samsung Galaxy 4 which is fine for me and when my contract expires next year I'll probably keep going with it if I can get the rate down a bit. Not fussed about having a newer version as for me the S4 does everything I require. Also if most people were to wait a bit and not rush on the day of release their prices would probably fall away considerably too.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

That's more to do with your choice of friends than technology.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
My 4 has served me well but think its time for an upgrade (+ fully expect it to become obsolete come release day) so hoping for a reasonable price, not holding my breath though!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
It wasn't that long ago when people were watching video on their little iPod screens. The fact that Facebook auto-plays video nowadays would also be a factor in popularising video on a watch.

the size wasnt the point, 2x4 is about iphone/smartphone size. its the ergonomics of holding your whole arm up in front of you to view it. with a phone you have a large degree of flexibility to get comfortable. with a wristbound screen you are very restricted in how you view. I cant see people holding their arm out in front of them viewing for more than 20-30 sec.

and it will need to be a substantial size to get onboard the chips for what you describe.

Last edited:

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Looking forward to seeing the new iPhone 6. Hoping it will be sufficiently different from my 5 (not 5C/5S) to warrant changing. I suspect (hope) it will.

Meanwhile, I will carry on with my iPad Air, iMac and MacBookPro #applewhore

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Breaking news : Apple phones fill the top 4 places in the Home Offices awkwardly named but desirability conclusive Mobile Phone Theft Ratio

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
No computer at all?
Anyway watching live football and playing poker etc can only be better on the 'new' bigger screen, can't it?

I'll be honest, I didn't realise people actually watched live football on a telephone. Anyway, as I've already said, I've had a larger screen and it was a novelty that wore off, that's my original point and I'll stick by it. Also I'd be very surprised if people that are spending £500 for a phone would only have that device.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
By way of an aside, iOS is the official operating system of NSC. That substantially more people access via iOS than Android is a given, but iOS also beats Windows comprehensively too.

This cheers me no end.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
It wasn't that long ago when people were watching video on their little iPod screens. The fact that Facebook auto-plays video nowadays would also be a factor in popularising video on a watch.
You can turn off Facebook video autoplay you know.

And those people who talk about Samsung as though it's android are making a big mistake. There are other manufacturers who make better products, i.e HTC One and Google's nexus range, both IMO superior to Samsung.

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles

All I said was I was disappointed that they hadn't totally overhauled the design. There are some pretty amazing looking mock ups out there! I will get one as I'm due an upgrade and I've been down the android route before. Never again.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
By way of an aside, iOS is the official operating system of NSC. That substantially more people access via iOS than Android is a given, but iOS also beats Windows comprehensively too.

This cheers me no end.

My favourite bit has to be once everyone has their shiny new I phones and they look back on the previous model and basically admit it was a bit shite really. I'm not accusing you of doing this, in fact I don't ever recall you doing this, but plenty do and for me it is a simple pleasure.

virtual22

Nov 30, 2010
I am looking forward to all of the new features and my 4 is defo showing it's age but I don't want a bigger phone! I think the 4 is the perfect form factor, fits nicely in my jeans pocket, can watch short videos on it no problem, can read everything on it. The size of the 6 in some of the pictures I have seen is way too big for my liking, even the 5.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
From an app testing perspective, iOS is much better to test on as most people upgrade to a new version within a few weeks of release (admittedly some older devices can't) while there are literally hundreds of combinations of Android versions and handsets, most of which won't get looked at.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports