Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

iPad Mini or Nexus 7

Gordon Bennett

Sep 7, 2010
Didn't see this post until just now!
Just got back from Tesco and opted for this over the Nexus and Mini. Looks pretty decent, albeit loses in the Hardware battle against both other devices.
I'll give it a few days trial and if no joy, pay out the extra for the Mini.

Just out of interest, what made you opt for the Samsung and why the iPad Mini (as opposed to the Nexus) if the Samsung doesn't come up to expectation?

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Just out of interest, what made you opt for the Samsung and why the iPad Mini (as opposed to the Nexus) if the Samsung doesn't come up to expectation?

Well I had a play with all 3 this evening and preferred the look of the Tab to the Nexus and prefer the cost compared to the Mini (even though the cost isn't the biggest factor).
I like being able to stick a 32gb SD card into the Tab and the absolute ease of using that to transfer media around.
Although there are downsides to the Tab (coming from the Tesco guy) being, it's the slowest out of the 3, it's pre-loaded with lots of Samsung Junk and the battery is possibly the worst as well as the display also being the worst (upon inspection, I couldn't personally see any difference between all 3 at first glance).

I've got 10 days to decide if it's for me, and it's more 'testing' the Android system. Having been with Apple for the past 3-4 years, I might not get on with Android. Therefore, if I can't get on with the Android Samsung Tab, I'll be going for the bigger screen and more familiar Apple ios.

I'll see how I get on with it!

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Well I had a play with all 3 this evening and preferred the look of the Tab to the Nexus and prefer the cost compared to the Mini (even though the cost isn't the biggest factor).
I like being able to stick a 32gb SD card into the Tab and the absolute ease of using that to transfer media around.
Although there are downsides to the Tab (coming from the Tesco guy) being, it's the slowest out of the 3, it's pre-loaded with lots of Samsung Junk and the battery is possibly the worst as well as the display also being the worst (upon inspection, I couldn't personally see any difference between all 3 at first glance).

I've got 10 days to decide if it's for me, and it's more 'testing' the Android system. Having been with Apple for the past 3-4 years, I might not get on with Android. Therefore, if I can't get on with the Android Samsung Tab, I'll be going for the bigger screen and more familiar Apple ios.

I'll see how I get on with it!

You somehow managed to separate the wheat from the chaff... and then chose the chaff!

boik

I've had both the Samsung and the Nexus, and tried the Ipad, I prefer the Nexus as it fits perfectly in a map pocket in walking trousers or jacket whereas Ipad is just a smidge too wide. Samsung are crap at providing updates whereas Google release to the Nexus range first.

Oh, and iTunes is the spawn of the devil and will never have a place in my house. So an easy choice for me then!!!!!!!

Just my opinion, like.

basque seagull

Oct 21, 2012
I have a Nexus 7 and a Nexus 4 phone. Love them both. Tbh never used an ipad. I think the Nexus is better value for money than the mini ipad and in the reviews comes out better or as least as good. But in the end it's about choosing ecosystems. If I had an iphone I would probably buy the mini ipad.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here