Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Introducing Spanish Dave......Replacement For The Barnes Haters

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
I was a Barnes fan. Some fans think that it is disloyal to admit when a player is a waste of space. Lopez has been consistently rubbish. I support Brighton, if a player wants away to make more money elsewhere, many on here say why shouldn't he, it's just a job to him, he's not a fan. So is it not also right, that if a player is not doing his job to a satisfactory standard for such a long period, that the fans should feel free to voice their opinion. The manager is playing him week in week out regardless of form, so it seems the fans have no choice other than to let their feelings be known. What I'm trying to say is get that useless f****r out the team now!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I understand disappointment at a player performing badly, but I don't understand vitriol that he is playing at all.

No Albion player has ever selected himself to play - each player is on the pitch wearing the stripes because a manager has decided to put him out there. As such, criticism* should be saved for the manager, not the player himself.

(* - note: I am not advocating people direct vocal abuse at Oscar Garcia)

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
I was a Barnes hater, I dont hate Lopez..... I know he is out of form, but the key thing is I do know that he has ability, his form will return,.... sadly the AB ability reserve tank was empty from day one...... silk purse, sows ear.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I was a Barnes hater, I dont hate Lopez..... I know he is out of form, but the key thing is I do know that he has ability, his form will return,.... sadly the AB ability reserve tank was empty from day one...... silk purse, sows ear.

Ashley says thanks for driving him to Burnley by the way :clap:

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Next time someone makes a mistake at work i shall loudly boo them. It can only serve to both motivate them and help me express my frustartion. Shirley?

Excellent idea, and I've just tried that myself. A girl in the office has been really quite careless this morning. A couple of silly mistakes, and a general lethargy that she puts down to "Monday morning", but I see it as simply not putting in 100%. When she walked past me, towards the little kitchen area, I saw my opportunity to address this.

"Hope you slip on that lino and break your ****ing leg, you piece of shit."

I think the tears was the realisation that she had been under-performing this morning, and I think the meeting I have with HR in a few minutes is about rolling this approach out company-wide. Gotta go, HR want to see me IMMEDIATELY. I feel a promotion is on it's way.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I appreciate SD's form hasn't always been the best this season but in fairness his end product with goals and assists is still ahead of LuaLua.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.

So you "hated" Barnes because in your view he lacked ability. Surely that is a reason to question the ability of the managers (of which there seem to be many!) who rate him, and select him. I refer you to the post from Bozza above.

Anyway, if SD isn't the "lucky" recipient of your vented spleen with Barnes gone, who is going to win that particular lottery? Maybe Buckley for having hamstring injuries.

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
The abuse Lopez got yesterday was shocking and frankly embarrasing. The abuse was mainly directed from overweight middle-aged males - probably men who've only played Football to a school playground standard. Lots of armchair fans in attendance yesterday and morons who were intent on shouting dog abuse at the referee (who was v.poor and a complete jobsworth), linesman & Lopez all game.
It was quite unfair how Lopez was singled out, why were our 'fans' not shouting abuse towards Greer and Andrews?

One comment from the Lopez Haters brigade 'I reckon Lopez must be giving Oscar one up the bum every week to keep his place in the team'
Comment said with a young child stood next to him. Good to see our fans standing up for homophobic chanting and abuse at Football! Pot Kettle Black...!!

Last edited:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The abuse Lopez got yesterday was shocking and frankly embarrasing. The abuse was mainly directed from overweight middle-aged males - probably men who've only played Football to a school playground standard. Lots of armchair fans in attendance yesterday and morons who were intent on shouting dog abuse at the referee (who was v.poor and a complete jobsworth), linesman & Lopez all game.
It was quite unfair how Lopez was singled out, why were our 'fans' not shouting abuse towards Greer and Andrews?

Sounds like a disgrace, and somewhat sad.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Wrong ... right ... and then sadly wrong again. I loved Ashley, of course he wasn't the best player at the club, but he would always 'take one for the team', i.e. do unfashionable jobs, he is an out and out centre forward, yet more often than not found himself playing wide on the left, or helping out as extra defensive cover on set pieces etc. but he rarely seemed to moan and just got on with it. Much of his good work went unnoticed by us fans. As l said when he left us for Burnley, we will miss him, and l think that we are starting to already.

But yes I think that David is a good player too, but sadly one that is out of form at the moment. As for beiing lightweight and pulling out of challenges, well physicality has never been part of his game has it? There are plenty of players like that up and down the country, can play a sublime pass and show silky skills on the ball, but can't make a tackle. We have the likes of Ince, Andrews and Crofts who can do that.

Please lay off Ashley though, he showed a lot of loyalty, was with us for a long time, and did the best he could. We shouldn't ask for more than that.

Seagulls56

Oct 20, 2013
Thing with Dave is he is out if form and every player has it but you always know he is going to be subbed every game around the 60-70 min mark!

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
So you "hated" Barnes because in your view he lacked ability. Surely that is a reason to question the ability of the managers (of which there seem to be many!) who rate him, and select him. I refer you to the post from Bozza above.

Anyway, if SD isn't the "lucky" recipient of your vented spleen with Barnes gone, who is going to win that particular lottery? Maybe Buckley for having hamstring injuries.
Answer..... nobody, I like all of our players presently, but of course if we happen to sign another duffer, I shall express my opinion, as is my right.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
This year Dave has been pony. He doesnt deserve abuse but he doesnt really deserve to be in first 11 either.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Ashley says thanks for driving him to Burnley by the way :clap:

and his top scorer record still stands
he pleaded with the club to delete it but they could'nt

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here