Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Introducing Spanish Dave......Replacement For The Barnes Haters

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Play him in the middle and we will score goals, play him wide and he is a totally different player. We aren't scoring at the moment because we play an incredibly defensive midfield 3 in JFC, Andrews and Stephens. That's the problem, not Dave, you all are clueless and so is Garcia.

Did you see his "shots" on goal today?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
We're hardly a squad of world-beaters, so he fits in well in terms of quality then.

If mediocrity is your bench mark MB then yes. There are plenty of better players than David out there who we can get. It was very much a 'better the devil you know' when we re-signed him. He hadn't even kept in shape during the close season.

Edit: just to add I would not berate anyone having a bad time or suffering a loss of form ( lack of effort is different )and I know we need players who can play the killer ball but we need them to do it much more consistently than DavidLopez because if he was more consistent I for one could forgive him for pulling out of every 50/50 ball this season.

Last edited:

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
THEY(THE BARNES HATERS ) have a large hole in their lives
so someone has to do the job

me
well he wears the blue and white and I really could not find it in my heart to hate anyone who wears the blue and white
I am sure no one goes on to the field to do badly

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I'm guilty of hoping that when he went down it might lead to a few games out. His performances don't appear to matter to OG. Truly another shocker today.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Did you go today??
I don't agree with shouting abuse at our players but David Lopez was piss poor today, very lightweight, bottled out of 50/50 challenges and as for his shooting, :censored:
No disrespect to you Mowgli but he didn't do all-right, sorry.
I have to agree, Dave was poor. He did pull out of challenges as well.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
I wasn't there today and couldn't therefore grade his performance, but it's always an ugly scene and uncomfortable surroundings for most when the hate-filled look to scream abuse at one loan figure in our own colours. As if anyone deserves that. Our disappointments oughtn't really be released with such selfish spite. Spanish Dave won't refind his form with his face covered in spit or confidence dented more. He mightn't have done much super-right for a while, but he doesn't deserve to be despised or laid to blame for our slightly average season. I hope his slightly odd face is filled from now on with the constant muttering of HUMBLE PIE as he proves various foul gobbers wrong.

Amen.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Disgraceful, a kid shouted hope you have broken your leg when a Watford player was injured.

Sounds familiar. Right bunch of charmers sit behind us at the Amex, their dad's sit the row behind. Rude kid calls the ref a paedo or baldy and is into leg breaking. Dad has a day off from being the village idiot somewhere near Horsham and laughs loudly at his own jokes as he abuses our players.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
The difference is Barnes was actually quite good and had good games amongst bad,where as Lopez is crap every game and anyone who seriously thinks he should be starting is either blind or stupid.....BUT at the end of the day it is not David's fault it is the managers for keep picking him.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
There is something about that fixture that always brings the idiots out. Has been for a few years. Couple of very brave tools given abuse to one of the ball boys. Luckily he didn't hear.

It's the 120 mile rule. All matches within 120 miles of Brighton attract lots of goons.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
We aren't scoring at the moment because we play an incredibly defensive midfield 3 in JFC, Andrews and Stephens.

That's one game and it wouldn't have been the three chosen if Ince had been fit. At least make these put downs sensible.

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
Next time someone makes a mistake at work i shall loudly boo them. It can only serve to both motivate them and help me express my frustartion. Shirley?

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Some football fans are thick, it's a fact of life. There will always be someone for them to aim their pent up aggression at.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
I like SpanDav but he really isn't the sort of player you want when you need a bit of physicality and grit against some of these teams, the archetypal 'luxury' player who is a bit lightweight I'm afraid. Needs a spell on the bench.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here