Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] International football tonight

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
I think it’s all been building, he was giving it large to the crowd after scoring against some nobody team in November.

The whole way the team at the Euros was presented as in some way a glorious generation of positive role models and Maguire as one of them was incredibly disingenuous of Southgate, whatever credit he got for some of his other messaging. Anyone who reads the news would have known Maguire still has his ongoing court case abroad, known about Grealish's driving/crashing etc etc.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
you appear to be a horrible person with horrible personality. Such is life, not everybody gets along.

Said the man who carries a knife, and announced casually on here he was accused of rape by ex friends, but it was all lies.

Yeah me, the horrible person, horrible personality, I will wear that badge if you want, don't care what you think.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
you've put yourself on a bit of a downer ain't ya sunshine , best cheer up before mr moderator comes along and issues you with a bannzie wannzie......best thing about Sweden is the birds , bloody lovely.

Mr Moderator can do as he please.

Anyway, its the same thing everywhere when you hold up a mirror. If you imply to a Swede that they are sad and angry because they intolerent and judging, they'll say "no I'm perfect" before going home to cut up all those arm scars. If you imply to English people that the whole blame, boo & punish culture really won't help anyone improve in any way, they'll say "no it is perfect" and continue to suffer in a backwards and stagnating society fearing to move in any direction. Or if you imply to yanks that their plastic, shallow attitudes is creating a plastic, shallow society that makes them unhappy and violent, they'll say "no we're the greatest nation on earth" and go back home to deliver another shotgun to their 15 year old white supremacist-kiddo.
Same everywhere.

Yeah me, the horrible person, horrible personality, I will wear that badge if you want, don't care what you think.

Good. Wear it then, it suits you.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Danes are basically the Scandinavian Dutchs. Both more annoying and more interesting than the rest of us.

About the Skandipop song I agree they all sound the same.. this was actually our official World Cup 94 song though, "When we dig for gold in the USA". Quite horrible in itself but with a lot of nostalgia value.

I deal with BMG Sweden and every Artist they send to us all sound the same and loads of them are managed by Tommy Ledein

Danes anre nothing like Dutch though - Dutch are really respectful but the Danes think the sun shines out of their arses - I don't include Christiania Residents in that though :) - They are fab

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I deal with BMG Sweden and every Artist they send to us all sound the same and loads of them are managed by Tommy Ledein

Danes anre nothing like Dutch though - Dutch are really respectful but the Danes think the sun shines out of their arses - I don't include Christiania Residents in that though :) - They are fab

Tomas Ledin..? Horrible. I'd say there are mainly two schools of pop music in Sweden... those who wants to have the Cheiron/Max Martin-sound and those who do the braindead, somewhat Abba-influenced, friendly Scandipop thing... I stay out of both, but hey the money keeps pouring in... who can blame them.

As for Danes you might be right, I rarely meet them outside of Christiania or the underground nightlife.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Tomas Ledin..? Horrible. I'd say there are mainly two schools of pop music in Sweden... those who wants to have the Cheiron/Max Martin-sound and those who do the braindead, somewhat Abba-influenced, friendly Scandipop thing... I stay out of both, but hey the money keeps pouring in... who can blame them.

As for Danes you might be right, I rarely meet them outside of Christiania or the underground nightlife.

Only yesterday a conversation came up about Denmark in our office that inevitably mentioned Christiania. Someone described them as "loving weed and hating outsiders". Sounds just like the Welsh.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015

Yeh - Thats the one

Most of his clients get sent to us to review any UK Contracts and to try and find ''Pluggers'' for their music in the UK

Why doesn't it surprise me that you know loads of people from Christiania :)

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Only yesterday a conversation came up about Denmark in our office that inevitably mentioned Christiania. Someone described them as "loving weed and hating outsiders". Sounds just like the Welsh.

I met a guy and his two wives who lived in Christiania once - I was silly enough to ask them what they did for a living - The response was '' We breed Frogs '' - Now I pride myself on being able to speak on many subjects but I have to concede. That one really stopped me in my tracks - I mean, where do you go with a statement like that ?

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Maguire is an over-rated player (most over-rated by himself) whose struggles at Manchester United I find highly entertaining.

The line peddled by Southgate and his England teammates is that he has always done well for the national side and that booing him won't help his England performances.

But the reality is that he isn't good enough for England if England are serious about winning anything. Of course he looks adequate when playing against the usual standard of England opposition, which is typically around Championship level or much, much lower - for example Albania, Hungary, Andorra, San Marino in the WC qualifiers.

In the Premier League he is revealed as a lumbering liability who relies on the Old Trafford blindness of referees. And none of those referees will be in charge if England get to the sharp end of the World Cup and face decent teams with proper attacking players.

There was a lot to like about Maguire at Leicester. I recall a game at the King Power where Murray barely got a touch and he had him completely in his pocket, we could have played all day and not got a goal (sound familiar?). He was also pretty solid at the 2018 WC with the real failing being this experiment of Walker as the 3rd CB and long Croatian balls onto his head which invetiably gave away the 2nd goal for all Modric's brilliance running the centre of the midfield. He really does seem to be one of these players that has been bought under the spell of "This is Man Utd" now though and coupled with the complete lack of protection from the Utd midfield is exposed game after game. I suppose my point is that he has no doubt declined but a decent manager, a decent defensive central midfelder in front of him and with a reset attitude and he could be good again (albeit good enough to cope with Mbappe running at him full pelt one on one is another matter). He looked the best English CB to me when he went to Utd even if doesn't now.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
I met a guy and his two wives who lived in Christiania once - I was silly enough to ask them what they did for a living - The response was '' We breed Frogs '' - Now I pride myself on being able to speak on many subjects but I have to concede. That one really stopped me in my tracks - I mean, where do you go with a statement like that ?

It's understandable you were caught on the hop.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
The whole way the team at the Euros was presented as in some way a glorious generation of positive role models and Maguire as one of them was incredibly disingenuous of Southgate, whatever credit he got for some of his other messaging. Anyone who reads the news would have known Maguire still has his ongoing court case abroad, known about Grealish's driving/crashing etc etc.

Southgate's management of the final was mystifying still to this day , setting a few young lads up to be national heroes and oh how it back fired and what a shit storm it caused.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Nothing to disagree with there, but it's not Maguire's fault he keeps getting picked and he certainly doesn't deserve to be booed. I wish Southgate would take some responsibility though. His Achilles heel is that he keeps picking his favourites regardless of club form. Before Maguire, Tyrone Mings and Jordan Pickford, it was the Spurs trio of averageness: Delli Ali, Harry Winks and Eric Dier. He has shut out too many club players in favour of people he knows and the result is frustration of a Wembley crowd who'd really rather a friendly like this was used properly.

Agreed. And we all remember Southgate saying that players would be picked on club form, and Maguire's has deserted him pretty much since he landed at Old Trafford, where he is surrounded by similarly entitled millionaires. I'd actually argue that Dier has played his way back into deserving an England place in defence since Conte turned up at Tottenham - certainly more than Maguire.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
I keep hearing know nothing pundits saying "oh yeah, it's Maguire and Stones first choice" and I'm like, What! Stones never plays for City and everyone has him as a shoe in. What's going on?
Maguire maybe debatable but Stones never plays. How is he in the reckoning?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here