Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Interesting thread on the Everton board

Hove Lagoonery

Dec 16, 2008
'Although I agree it still remains to be seen how long Brighton can sustain their success as other clubs catch onto their methods and start fishing in the same waters'

This, essentially, sums up my own concerns.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Many on their match thread for the game against us are saying that the answer is to press our back four. Hehe.

Much like this comment: "Doucoure, Iwobi and McNeil with the press will pressure the back four and look to go long which we should win" - no we bloody won't!!

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
It was indeed an interesting post because I hadn’t even considered how well our board is constructed. We know about the investment, the playing/development structure, the detail we put into recruitment etc but the more you look into it our set up is just perfect. Is this only the beginning?

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Many on their match thread for the game against us are saying that the answer is to press our back four. Hehe.

Much like this comment: "Doucoure, Iwobi and McNeil with the press will pressure the back four and look to go long which we should win" - no we bloody won't!!
And this is hysterical:

" I'd expect Dyche to bring Onana back in and alongside Doucoure + Gana attempt to overcrowd that lightweight midfield of theirs."

hampshirebrightonboy

Sep 3, 2011
I had reason to phone Santander in Liverpool and got speaking at length to an Evertonian. He also blamed Kenwright. Before the call I had wanted Everton to go down, but if 1 conversation can change things it was this one - he was such a normal, friendly bloke, just loved his football and his team and suffering under years of incompetence in the way the club has been run. I actually felt pretty sorry for him/them and now in many ways I hope they survive (after losing on Monday, of course!).
Yeah but every club is going to have nice, friendly blokes supporting them. Three have got to go down

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
'Although I agree it still remains to be seen how long Brighton can sustain their success as other clubs catch onto their methods and start fishing in the same waters'

This, essentially, sums up my own concerns.
This doesn't concern me much, we are several years ahead of most if not all clubs in our recruitment, by the time they catch up and start fishing in the same waters, we would have moved on to a different unknown fountain of talent.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Well, up to 11 surely?
It's exactly 11, and don't call me Shirley.

nigel-tufnel-b15357af-fdbc-4a95-a31b-1cffa61db13-resize-750_large.jpeg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here