spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Worth a quick read

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Hmmm, not exactly The Insider eg to say Kenwright has no business experience is nonsense.

But Everton are just badly run, as happens in football. We know all about that! By comparison they have nothing, absolutely nothing, to complain about as fans.

I don’t wish ill on them, but perhaps the Championship will prove to be a humbling experience. Although Citeh seem to have forgotten their regular time outs in divisions beneath the PL.

Time will tell.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Blah, blah, blah....

However, I notice that their posters have a player valuation score. Can't quite work out how it works, but seems like a good bit of fun.

If we did it, are we letting anyone here go on a free I wonder :unsure:

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
Blah, blah, blah....

However, I notice that their posters have a player valuation score. Can't quite work out how it works, but seems like a good bit of fun.

If we did it, are we letting anyone here go on a free I wonder :unsure:
We already have a "Reaction Score" and "Points" but no idea what they mean/how you accumulate them. Suspect the former is down to how many thumbs up etc you receive?

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Hmmm, not exactly The Insider eg to say Kenwright has no business experience is nonsense.

But Everton are just badly run, as happens in football. We know all about that! By comparison they have nothing, absolutely nothing, to complain about as fans.

I don’t wish ill on them, but perhaps the Championship will prove to be a humbling experience. Although Citeh seem to have forgotten their regular time outs in divisions beneath the PL.

Time will tell.
I'm sure you'll find Bill Kenwright has a vast amount of life experience, on the set of Corrie.
Just enough drama needed to run EFC.....

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Interesting thread. Thanks. Pretty similar to some of the discussions on here with some posters too focused on individuals like RDZ, Mitoma etc. Whilst Tony gets a lot of credit I sense many still do not understand the model or the recruitment, although some see the effects with ready made replacements coming through. Comparing us now to Everton under Moyes is just laughable.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
My mate worked for Kenwright on one of his tours. Kenwright was producing and my mate (and ex boss in a different job) was his right hand man essentially.

This tour had adaptable sets to fit on a variety of stages on tour, so that it could play as many houses as possible and maximise income.

The main set piece was being designed to spec set out by the producer (Bill). Kenwright visited the workshop and said basically “this isn’t the spec I ordered, make it bigger/smaller” (I can’t remember which). My mate said this is the exact spec Kenwright signed off on, but he was having none of it.

So they rebuilt this set to the new spec - at great expense - and shock, it didn’t fit in half the venues they had booked to tour it in.

Kenwright goes absolutely mental and sacks my mate and about six others who were tangentially involved, then settles out of court to avoid tribunal.

If this is anything like he runs a football club, then it’s no surprise they’re in this dire situation.

@JOLovegrove

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012
My mate worked for Kenwright on one of his tours. Kenwright was producing and my mate (and ex boss in a different job) was his right hand man essentially.

This tour had adaptable sets to fit on a variety of stages on tour, so that it could play as many houses as possible and maximise income.

The main set piece was being designed to spec set out by the producer (Bill). Kenwright visited the workshop and said basically “this isn’t the spec I ordered, make it bigger/smaller” (I can’t remember which). My mate said this is the exact spec Kenwright signed off on, but he was having none of it.

So they rebuilt this set to the new spec - at great expense - and shock, it didn’t fit in half the venues they had booked to tour it in.

Kenwright goes absolutely mental and sacks my mate and about six others who were tangentially involved, then settles out of court to avoid tribunal.

If this is anything like he runs a football club, then it’s no surprise they’re in this dire situation.

@JOLovegrove
What was the show? I know he used to have a big hand in Blood Brothers.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Strange that they seem to have shut down a Brighton poster (in peace) explaining things to them about how Brighton are run. Thought it was just Palarse and Waccoe that did that.

Last edited:

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Strange that they seem to have shut down a Brighton poster (in peace) explaining things to them about how Brighton are run. Thought ot was just Palarse and Waccoe that did that.
Waccoe and the Forest board

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Strange that they seem to have shut down a Brighton poster (in peace) explaining things to them about how Brighton are run. Thought it was just Palarse and Waccoe that did that.
Was it you?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
We already have a "Reaction Score" and "Points" but no idea what they mean/how you accumulate them. Suspect the former is down to how many thumbs up etc you receive?
I noticed this the other day. There’s currently X thousand tied for first place on 113 points 🤣 Assume @Bozza doesnt want that function. I think the reaction score is just total likes - more posts, more likes usually…

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
I had reason to phone Santander in Liverpool and got speaking at length to an Evertonian. He also blamed Kenwright. Before the call I had wanted Everton to go down, but if 1 conversation can change things it was this one - he was such a normal, friendly bloke, just loved his football and his team and suffering under years of incompetence in the way the club has been run. I actually felt pretty sorry for him/them and now in many ways I hope they survive (after losing on Monday, of course!).

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I had reason to phone Santander in Liverpool and got speaking at length to an Evertonian. He also blamed Kenwright. Before the call I had wanted Everton to go down, but if 1 conversation can change things it was this one - he was such a normal, friendly bloke, just loved his football and his team and suffering under years of incompetence in the way the club has been run. I actually felt pretty sorry for him/them and now in many ways I hope they survive (after losing on Monday, of course!).

I’ve done that before, always seems to be Glasgow or Liverpool call centres, we end up chatting lots about football.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
That's a more imaginative tactic on Santander's part than just keeping you on hold until you give up.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington

@JOLovegrove
I now have images in my mind of them arriving to play their first game at the new stadium and realising they've sized it in inches instead of feet.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here