Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ins and Outs

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
With the season over it's time to start rebuilding, here are the players from the current first team whose contracts I would extend and those I wouldn't mind selling or not giving new contracts.

Extend;
Kuszczak - unlikely but great if it can be done
Bruno
Calderon
Upson
Lualua
Orlandi
Ward - sign permanently
Lingard - sign permanently

Don't extend;
Rodriguez
Lopez
Ankergren
Hoskins - think he is terrific but rarely fit

Wouldn't mind leaving;
Buckley
Greer
Agustien
Chicksen

Any thoughts?

And get Adam back he`s only 29 ffs

DNB_Seagull

Dirty Northerner. For now
Apr 27, 2014
Sell Orlandi if he doesn't improve and as for Buckley, Greer, Agustien, Chicksen. Keep Buckley (Or sell at right price), sell greer, keep agustien and loan Chicksen (He'll improve with regular football).

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Players I really want to be still with us next season: P.I.G, Calde, Upson, Ward (if a deal can be done), Stephens, Crofts, Ince, Ulloa, and maybe Bruno.

Time to say goodbye: Spanish Dave, Spanish Rod, Buckley, Orlandi, Andrews, Brez and Casper.

The rest: if we can replace them with better, then let's do it, but not the end of the world if still here.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
I just worry that with no manager sorting the contracts out, that we end up with poor players by signing them back on for the new manager to look at. We need to get rid of the Rubbish and let the new manager build straight way.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Out:
Hoskins - think he'll get a deal in League One, deserves to be playing first-team football and not DS
David Rodriguez
Agustien - was set to leave on a mutual consent deal, might be delayed for a while now
Orlandi - can see him getting a new deal at a fellow Championship club
Ankergren - may move in to coaching
David Lopez
Ben Dickenson
Maksimenko - may leave by mutual consent, Latvia's first choice left-back, may go back to his native country
Kuszczak - doesn't want to be here, won't sign a new deal. Will sit on the bench at Sunderland
Courtney Richards

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
I was told by a Steward on Thursday that Upson is definitely retiring. Said he'd talked to him that afternoon.

Seemed believable at the time...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
With the season over it's time to start rebuilding, here are the players from the current first team whose contracts I would extend and those I wouldn't mind selling or not giving new contracts.

Extend;
Kuszczak - unlikely but great if it can be done
Bruno
Calderon
Upson
Lualua
Orlandi
Ward - sign permanently
Lingard - sign permanently

Don't extend;
Rodriguez
Lopez
Ankergren
Hoskins - think he is terrific but rarely fit

Wouldn't mind leaving;
Buckley
Greer
Agustien
Chicksen

Any thoughts?
My thoughts are the opinions of someone who wouldn't mind Chicksen leaving really aren't worth paying attention too.

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
Keep:
Kaz
Greer
Upson
Ward
Lingard
Ince
Chicksen
Maksimenko
Kemy
Leo
Orlandi
Stephens
Bruno
Calde
JFC
CMS
Buckley
Dunk

Out:
All keepers
Andrews (in two minds)
Lopez
D-rod
Hoskins

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Lingard would be great if we had a spare £7million or so, seeing as Utd turned down £5m from Fulham just a couple of months back. Not happening.

Just goes to show how stupid transfer fees have become. He looks pretty ordinary in our squad. How on earth can he be worth that fee?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here