Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Injury Time

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Anyone ever seen a 0 minutes, happens all the time on the Continent & bizarrely if a half runs fluently over here there still is always a ludicrous 'mandatory' 1+ added on

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
Ok well I've asked my mate anyway, awaiting a reply, the rules and making a general understanding on the day can sometimes be completely different.

I probably know who you're friend is, if he was the fourth official for the Palace game? He used to coach me at the Sussex Academy.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Thought the ref was generally quite good and allowed the game to flow.

He was utterly dreadful. He had little to do but when he did have a decision to make he got it wrong.

The flow of the game was due to the fact that other than the Ince foul toward the end, the two teams were there to play football not kick lumps out of each other.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I probably know who you're friend is, if he was the fourth official for the Palace game? He used to coach me at the Sussex Academy.

No he didn't do Palace, but he's done the Amex and done us at away games too, including League 1... as much as I would like to say, you understand I can't.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
OK, he told me that they have a 'discussion' pre match but 99% of the time the ref makes the decision. So I stand corrected.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
When England beat San Marino 8-0, there were no minutes of added time at the end of the match, even though there probably should've been 2 or 3. I think when the scoreline starts getting large they don't see the need to add lots.

Absolutely correct. When they know it's not really gonna bother anyone or be a talking point they cut it right down. Shouldn't be that way either..

jemwillett

Feb 17, 2012
Burgess Hill
The 30secs per sub/goal is a guideline only, it can be longer if subs take up more time, or shorter less time taken. Same with goals.

Though I thought it would be longer because of the injury and because the ref also made a bit of a meal of letting orlandi know taking a shot after he had been blown off side wasn't going to be accepted again, and that he was adding time on so it wouldn't be a waste.

that's a great spot. the ref pointed to his watch loads.

FloatLeft

Jun 12, 2012
Thought the ref was generally quite good and allowed the game to flow.

Missed an absolute shocker though when the under pressure Blackpool player blatantly kicked the ball into touch at the north west end. Not only did he give the throw in to Blackpool but then was gonna let the Blackpool player creep up 10 yards until half of the WSL started gesturing that he was miles forward of where he should have been.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Missed an absolute shocker though when the under pressure Blackpool player blatantly kicked the ball into touch at the north west end. Not only did he give the throw in to Blackpool but then was gonna let the Blackpool player creep up 10 yards until half of the WSL started gesturing that he was miles forward of where he should have been.

Moments before that we were given a throw in that should have gone to them.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
A bit of a surprise due to the lengthy injuries, but not the end of the world.

But it was to 2 angry Albion fans who ran down the stairs on WSU to shout abuse to the ref (who couldn't have heard them), with contorted faces. Wouldn't want to see them on an unhappy occasion.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003

Not quite, but you are right the decision was a shocker.

He was involved in something else when the player moved forward. As soon as he was ready he moved the player back.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
He incensed me from the start when he booked Greer after about 2 mins for a nothing foul but let other worse challenges by their players go unpunished.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
This is a big issue. If we lose out on a play-off spot on goal difference to Leicester by the odd goal then this ref will have a lot to answer for.

Football needs to sort this out. I'm normally pretty good at forecasting extra time and usually only a minute out at most, Saturday felt like 6-7 mins to me. Had this been the case the Blackpool heads would have dropped and I fancy we might have added another. The likes of KLL and Barnes were rampant at that point.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
He incensed me from the start when he booked Greer after about 2 mins for a nothing foul but let other worse challenges by their players go unpunished.

You mean the incident where the player got in behind and Greer grabbed him with one arm round his waist and the other over his shoulder and pulled him back, 'taking one for the team'? That was a yellow card all day long. No one can complain about it.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The referee also failed to make Taylor Fletcher leave the pitch after he was injured so will be heavily makes down by the assessor at the game yesterday.

Won't get marked down for that. Keepers aren't required to leave the pitch following treatment, and GTF was injured in the same incident, therefore it would seem manifestly unfair to make him go off and leave Blackpool a man short in such circumstances.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
You mean the incident where the player got in behind and Greer grabbed him with one arm round his waist and the other over his shoulder and pulled him back, 'taking one for the team'? That was a yellow card all day long. No one can complain about it.

Indeed. Obvious yellow card offence for pulling the man back. No complaints whatsoever. Amazing how many people don't know the laws of the game.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Won't get marked down for that. Keepers aren't required to leave the pitch following treatment, and GTF was injured in the same incident, therefore it would seem manifestly unfair to make him go off and leave Blackpool a man short in such circumstances.

It's always manifestly unfair as it's a massively stupid rule.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here