Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Individual little 'Hyypia Out' placards for Boxing Day - loads of 'em!

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
The problem is Sami also forgot free scoring Derby, at home, are a very good side.

If Sami's tactics v Fulham were:-
'get at them early, score a couple, then shore up the defence with Holla & Ince', then fair enough.
It might just have worked, esp if KLL hadn't got injured.

It was never ever going to work v Derby.
This was made all the worse by EVERYONE saying "WTF" when the Derby team was announced.

It might have worked again v Millwall if KLL wasn't injured, or the team & fans hadn't taken such a kicking the week before.
Begging the question why persist with a midfield set up that wasn't functioning on the edge of either penalty area.

Yes I agree that we played better once Ince came on at Derby, but being 0-3 down Derby didn't need to continue to work as hard. Ince may or may not have made any difference himself in the first 20 mins.

There may be valid reason for not choosing Holla or Ince to start. I think they had a problem playing together earlier on in the seasom. I don't rate Gardner but he has taken some good free kicks, that may be a reason for playing him. JFC :shrug: maybe he is chosen just for his endeavor. Ince has made errors in judgment that have led to 3 goals against us this season, so no matter who is put on, they are all prone to making mistakes.

We haven't got any perfect players for those positions but hopefully Alou Diarra might change this.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Yes I agree that we played better once Ince came on at Derby, but being 0-3 down Derby didn't need to continue to work as hard. Ince may or may not have made any difference himself in the first 20 mins.

There may be valid reason for not choosing Holla or Ince to start. I think they had a problem playing together earlier on in the seasom. I don't rate Gardner but he has taken some good free kicks, that may be a reason for playing him. JFC :shrug: maybe he is chosen just for his endeavor. Ince has made errors in judgment that have led to 3 goals against us this season, so no matter who is put on, they are all prone to making mistakes.

We haven't got any perfect players for those positions but hopefully Alou Diarra might change this.
That's not quite the point I was making.

The team v Derby, was an incredibly poor selection, and that's not hindsight talking.
That team was a 'take the game to the opposition' line up, (which may well have worked at home v fellow strugglers) albeit without the most potent force Kaz.

Irrespective of potential mistakes made by a defensively minded midfielder they still would have been on the pitch, there would have been some protection.

It's not like Sami is/was opposed to defensive midfielders, he had 3 (three) of them on the bench.

We were always going to lose that game, and the reason for that loss has to hang with Sami.
It's like he was saying 'I can really screw up this team, if you don't sack me'.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Ince and Holla in front of the back 4

Bennett, Texira and March in front of them

Bent up front.

Ince and Holla had a problem playing together earlier in the season and Holla hasn't lived up to his first game. Gardner frustrates me, but he is probably the best free kick taker. JFC :shrug: probably for his endeavor. Maybe Ince is better coming on as a sub because he has had a few wobbley starts himself.

The problem is that none of them are perfect and have all made mistakes.

Texira blows hot and cold and could be considered too lightweight, March is too left footed at the moment and needs to work on it, and I would put Colunga ahead of him.

It would be interesting another manager come in if only to see how he uses the squad as I think we will have the same issues.

Dec 15, 2014
Here
hyypia-cl229-1628729.jpg

Is it safe to come out yet? My kids can use the signs if I get sent to prison.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Surely getting behind the team for 90 minutes, and THEN giving Sami both barrels at the end of the match if we are once again rubbish makes more sense.

I would have said yes to this a week ago. Now im ALMOST in the hope we lose so that **** loses his job. Because he is a clueless ****. Shame he cant hear me from WSU.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The best we have looked was away at Ipswich with Holla and Ince together in midfield and CMS and Baldock up front together until SH broke them up and took CMS off and Ipswich then struck for another defeat.

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
Unbelievable decision by Bloom. Including his time at Leverkusen that is 4 wins in 33 matches for Hyypia.
For all those who want to make some kind of a protest here is a suggestion. Bring a little home made placard: wave it during breaks in action: get behind the team.
It's not Mellor, it's not the York City game, in the grand scheme of things we are far, far better off than we used to be. But such comparisons only go so far.
We want the best for our club, that's all.

Or we could be really revolutionary and....................cheer the team on throughout the whole match. How can waving 'little home made placards' help the team?

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick
Or we could be really revolutionary and....................cheer the team on throughout the whole match. How can waving 'little home made placards' help the team?

Erm, Do BOTH. LOTS. There's a simple tactic there: one is VISUAL - one is VOCAL. You can actually do both at the same time :)
Or, on the other hand, you can:
a) say 'bollocks, I'm not coming until things get better' (if you're a STH they'll just include you in the attendance figures anyway)
b) Trust them to sort it out 'cos 'Premier League Ready' is actually a bit subverted by going down to the Third Division and they know best
c) scream abuse at Hyypia/the Board and get embroiled in arguments/handbags with other fans

I think I shall shut up now and just see what happens. I enjoy matchdays anyway. I couldn't imagine not coming to see the Albion if my work allows me to!

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
c) scream abuse at Hyypia/the Board and get embroiled in arguments/handbags with other fans

What about
d) scream abuse at the image of Hyypia being interviewed on the TV screen in Dicks after the match (as you did on Friday eve..) ?
That should show 'em

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here