Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Individual little 'Hyypia Out' placards for Boxing Day - loads of 'em!

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
Nah one these puppies
attachment.php

Or this on boxing day

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Past caring now.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
What you need is a warm barf if it's a bit chilly on Boxing Day.

A subtle blend of a scarf and a banner, still sporting club colours. Club shop could be missing a trick, might open the floodgates this warm barf

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I'd be interested to see how the stewards would react to lots of placards, that's of course dependent upon them being allowed into the ground.

They do allow flags (actively encouraged, and they sell them in the shop). Perhaps a flag with a message added might suffice?

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
The reason why we lost to Millwall was down to our ineptness in trying to clear the ball.

Yep.

Because Millwall walked through our centre midfield. A centre midfield trio made up of the same three he started at Derby, and took one off because it wasn't working, was too lightweight, and we were 3-0 down.

Brilliant.

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
First -- I have little doubt that Tony Bloom and the other directors are already well aware that there is a section of fan opinion which wants Hyypia out with immediate effect.

Second -- they'll also be aware that it's hard to say exactly how large that section of opinion is: NSC posters are not likely to be a representative sample of the overall fan base; the anti-Hyypia chants, boos and banners at the Millwall match were by no means universal; and some of the low attendance at that match would be because it was a televised evening game (the attendance at the previous Fulham match, when the team's performance and position were almost as bad, was high).

Third -- and crucially, if they've already decided (as it certainly appears they have) to stick to their commitment to Hyypia for the time being, then they are not going to be swayed in that decision by a section of the crowd waving tatty little placards on Boxing day.

Personally, I think Bloom/the board are wrong about the Hyypia decision, but I think they are absolutely right not to be making up or changing their minds on the basis of expressed discontent or protest by a group of fans. Not least because they know that if, as they presumably hope/expect, we get a slightly better run of results before long (that's not impossible, even with the current team and manager, as we've had a lot of draws and a lot of losses by a single goal -- arguably, apart from Derby, we haven't been properly thrashed all season), and if it looks as if we'll survive the drop, the fan discontent will wither considerably, and revert to the same kind of whingeing on here that we also had (in spades) under Poyet and Garcia.

So I think these protests are a bit of a waste of time and energy -- if you're that p****d off, stay at home. Otherwise come to the match, support the team, and try and find at least something to enjoy in what's on offer.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
First -- I have little doubt that Tony Bloom and the other directors are already well aware that there is a section of fan opinion which wants Hyypia out with immediate effect.

Second -- they'll also be aware that it's hard to say exactly how large that section of opinion is: NSC posters are not likely to be a representative sample of the overall fan base; the anti-Hyypia chants, boos and banners at the Millwall match were by no means universal; and some of the low attendance at that match would be because it was a televised evening game (the attendance at the previous Fulham match, when the team's performance and position were almost as bad, was high).

Third -- and crucially, if they've already decided (as it certainly appears they have) to stick to their commitment to Hyypia for the time being, then they are not going to be swayed in that decision by a section of the crowd waving tatty little placards on Boxing day.

Personally, I think Bloom/the board are wrong about the Hyypia decision, but I think they are absolutely right not to be making up or changing their minds on the basis of expressed discontent or protest by a group of fans. Not least because they know that if, as they presumably hope/expect, we get a slightly better run of results before long (that's not impossible, even with the current team and manager, as we've had a lot of draws and a lot of losses by a single goal -- arguably, apart from Derby, we haven't been properly thrashed all season), and if it looks as if we'll survive the drop, the fan discontent will wither considerably, and revert to the same kind of whingeing on here that we also had (in spades) under Poyet and Garcia.

So I think these protests are a bit of a waste of time and energy -- if you're that p****d off, stay at home. Otherwise come to the match, support the team, and try and find at least something to enjoy in what's on offer.

It's "Customer" not "fan" opinion....

bobby baxter

Jan 31, 2014

Nice one, back of the net!

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley

I have a season ticket and i certainly won't be sitting at home as you put it and yes i'm pissed off. Sitting at home isn't what we did during the Archer years and i'm not starting now while i'm paying.I will always support the team but i will be going to the match with every opportunity to let the board know and Hyypia himself that he must go. I have been very vocal about this in recent games. I want Hyypia gone and therefor no support from me. He has had plenty of chances and screwed it up.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Yep.

Because Millwall walked through our centre midfield. A centre midfield trio made up of the same three he started at Derby, and took one off because it wasn't working, was too lightweight, and we were 3-0 down.

Brilliant.

You are forgetting that Derby are a very good side fielding the same team as they did last season.

And your prefered midfield trio would have been?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You are forgetting that Derby are a very good side fielding the same team as they did last season.

And your prefered midfield trio would have been?

The problem is Sami also forgot free scoring Derby, at home, are a very good side.

If Sami's tactics v Fulham were:-
'get at them early, score a couple, then shore up the defence with Holla & Ince', then fair enough.
It might just have worked, esp if KLL hadn't got injured.

It was never ever going to work v Derby.
This was made all the worse by EVERYONE saying "WTF" when the Derby team was announced.

It might have worked again v Millwall if KLL wasn't injured, or the team & fans hadn't taken such a kicking the week before.
Begging the question why persist with a midfield set up that wasn't functioning on the edge of either penalty area.

Last edited:

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
A placard isn't going to do anything.

Do the one thing that Barber and Bloom will take notice off.

Stay at home.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
The problem is Sami also forgot free scoring Derby, at home, are a very good side.

If Sami's tactics v Fulham were:-
'get at them early, score a couple, then shore up the defence with Holla & Ince', then fair enough.
It might just have worked, esp if KLL hadn't got injured.

It was never ever going to work v Derby.
This was made all the worse by EVERYONE saying "WTF" when the Derby team was announced.

It might have worked again v Millwall if KLL wasn't injured, or the team & fans hadn't taken such a kicking the week before.
Begging the question why persist with a midfield set up that wasn't functioning on the edge of either penalty area.

Derby I can't thing of anyone would disagree with you..my jaw has never dropped faster ..lightweight doesn't get anywhere near it..would it have made any difference if say Ince had played from the start who knows..he had a good game apparently but Derby had taken there foot off the pedal ...and they seem to have thrashed a fair number of teams at home..although losing ironically to Wigan...having said all that the last three games have left me deflated ..Adam Virgo consistently goes on about leaders on the pitch ..the only one we have imho is Greer..name the player who has missed the last three games ..anyway there are other problems and this is just one angle

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
A placard isn't going to do anything.

Do the one thing that Barber and Bloom will take notice off.

Stay at home.

Surely getting behind the team for 90 minutes, and THEN giving Sami both barrels at the end of the match if we are once again rubbish makes more sense.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here