Indian restaurant recommendations in Haywards Heath...??

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

JTR938

Nov 24, 2012
Curry Inn for me is by far the best Indian, Great service and have never had a bad curry from there!
Avoid Blue India at all costs, I was very ill after a curry from there once! dont be fooled by the pretty lights and exterior....
Nizam ok although I hav'nt been for a couple of years.

As for the chinese, Completly agree with the China Brasserie! Canton Chef went down hill about a year ago...
Tai Kar also have let standards slip... If you want something differant try the River Thai on the broadway only been in 3 times but thought it was very good indeed.

detsknil

Sep 23, 2011
Hanover, East Sussex
Shoot I always got my takeaways from Mice & Lice when working late in HH, after reading those reviews they have just lost another customer!

So glad I read NSC, thank you! :kiss:

C17BHA

Feb 24, 2009
I Like The Rice & Spice

I have been going to the Rice & Spice for years and have never had a problem there. Mid Sussex Seagulls use it regularly but that may have something to do with the fact that we drink in the Savannah and fall straight out of there into the Rice & Spice. They look after us very well.

Nizam nice but small portions and very expensive.

Curry Inn ok but never anyone there.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Nizam for me.

Also a thumbs up for the River Thai on the Broadway.

Jul 12, 2003
Oxfordshire
Thanks all for the comments :thumbsup:

Will go to either Nizam or Curry Inn.

I'll report back...!

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I have been going to the Rice & Spice for years and have never had a problem there. Mid Sussex Seagulls use it regularly but that may have something to do with the fact that we drink in the Savannah and fall straight out of there into the Rice & Spice. They look after us very well.

Nizam nice but small portions and very expensive.

Curry Inn ok but never anyone there.

Haven't been there since.....er....Saturday.

Blue India is overpriced.

As for Chinese. Tai Kar very good value for money. they just keep feeding you.

Thai restaurant is excellent. Always packed.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
It's a drive out of Haywards Heath but any curry fans in the Mid Sussex area seriously need to check out Tirana in Turner's Hill. Beautiful building (sadly an old pub i believe - but a curry house is better than flats!), and fantastic curry. It's a little pricier than your average Ruby but worth every penny!

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
It's a drive out of Haywards Heath but any curry fans in the Mid Sussex area seriously need to check out Tirana in Turner's Hill. Beautiful building (sadly an old pub i believe - but a curry house is better than flats!), and fantastic curry. It's a little pricier than your average Ruby but worth every penny!

I've heard very good reports about this place. It gets extremely busy. I believe you have to book a t able before you go.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
I've heard very good reports about this place. It gets extremely busy. I believe you have to book a t able before you go.

It's always been packed when I've been in. Book ahead, if you're in a big group ask for a table by the big window as it looks out over an amazing wheat field. Also check the website as they have special evenings with Bollywood dancers which, depending on how you feel about dinner entertainment, you might find embarrassing/distracting!

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
Agra for takeaways or Kashmir (which is the one across from Nizam, it's Balti mainly which is a good thing)

Agree about China Brassiere, been using them for years although it changed hands about a year ago and isn't quite as good as it used to be.

Tai Kar is alright as long as you don't mind the all you can eat conveyer belt aspect. Very much hurry you along.

To be honest the best meal out I've had in a while was at River Thai in the broadway. Pricey but very very good

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath

This is the best Indian I've ever been to. And the food is fantastic. (My mums Indian and a great cook so take that as a recommendation)

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
It's always been packed when I've been in. Book ahead, if you're in a big group ask for a table by the big window as it looks out over an amazing wheat field. Also check the website as they have special evenings with Bollywood dancers which, depending on how you feel about dinner entertainment, you might find embarrassing/distracting!

I don't know if you know the Balcombe rd nearly Horley but anyway there's a pub called the Coppingham Arms which is now a curry house. This got very good reviews from trip adviser and from a friend of mine but i was disappointed in it. I had a Vindaloo and it just didn't taste authentic enough for me. The sauce tasted like it came from a jar.

Lots of curry houses in Crawley nearly all are average.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports