Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Think Crofts has the experience so 65 to 70 minutes then Ince

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
King Kayal being suspended is a big loss for us.

Murphy
Crofts
Stephens
March

with Lua Lua to come on as sub.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Both. Zamora up-front, rest Baldock & Hemed, Murphy and March out wide, Ince holding, Stephens & Crofts pushing on.

4-1-4-1

That line-up has potential to be too defensive minded. Though Preston beat Charlton 3-0 at the Valley yesterday, we should really be looking to play 2 up front and give them something to worry about.

Stumpy Tim

That line-up has potential to be too defensive minded. Though Preston beat Charlton 3-0 at the Valley yesterday, we should really be looking to play 2 up front and give them something to worry about.

I don't particularly disagree with you, and of course we can always change it later down the line. Personally I feel the reason we have been able to play 4-4-2 is because Kayal is like having two midfielders - he's the best all-round midfielder I've seen in this division. The truth is that neither Crofts or Ince can fully replace him.

Maybe resting a couple of the other players would do them some good too - Rosenior and Hemed especially.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Crofts. I can't think of a single thing that Ince does better. Still far too raw

Really, Im of the exact oppsite opinion !

Oh well, Im happy with either but would rather see Ince given the chance. Think he is in better shape and deserves it.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Really, Im of the exact oppsite opinion !

Oh well, Im happy with either but would rather see Ince given the chance. Think he is in better shape and deserves it.

Ince is a serious prospect for the future but as CH has said, he gives the ball away too cheaply & too often, which he won't tolerate. Crofts is more of a Hughton player. He's neater, more disciplined & despite appearances, considerably harder

TheDuke

Oct 28, 2011
Arundel
Crofts looked really up for it on Tuesday. Like for like, it has to be him...with Inchy coming on at the later stages if we are in front

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Crofts looked really up for it on Tuesday. Like for like, it has to be him...with Inchy coming on at the later stages if we are in front

Neither Ince nor Crofts are similar to Kayal in their play so if either they will have to adapt it is just a question of who would easiest. I still stick with my view of either Rosenior or Holla to take on the role with Murphy out wide and Crofts and Ince on the bench.

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
So Marshy agrees with Marshy? Always assumed you were the same person. :dunce:

Crofts for me, better positional discipline and a tad more reliable with his passing/decision-making, which is key in that midfield two. I do rate Ince but sort of wonder where his next start is coming from currently.

We may well be very closely related. :) I'll never agree that Crofts is a better player than Ince. I can see Hughton going for Crofts to start, he much prefers the experienced player. I'm more comfortable with him playing in a 4-3-3. In a 4-4-2 it's Ince for me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports