Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ince: Have we approached him?

O Lads

Dec 16, 2004
Well? ??? I personally think he's too good for us and wouldn't consider us but why haven't we even made an attempt?

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
According to a recent post on another thread, we have interviewed him.

[edit] beaten to it (damn those pesky kids).

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
İbrahim Tatlıses;2824795 said:
If we really haven't approached him I would guess that it's because Dick wants a young loyal manager to see us into Falmer. I think it's safe to assume that Ince would jump ship at the first opportunity he gets at a bigger club.

Like a former player perhaps.
Maybe even a former captain.
Ideally someone who has worked for the club after their playing days.
If they've done some coaching as well, then perfect.
Just imagine if they could then get us up to 7th in their first FULL season ... we'd SACK him!

:angry:

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
I personally think he's not good enough and would not be a good influence and glad we have not interviewed him.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
I personally think he's not good enough and would not be a good influence and glad we have not interviewed him.

Rusco

Jul 8, 2003
Always Bringing Up The Rear
İbrahim Tatlıses;2824795 said:
If we really haven't approached him I would guess that it's because Dick wants a young loyal manager to see us into Falmer. I think it's safe to assume that Ince would jump ship at the first opportunity he gets at a bigger club.

Surely it's a win win situation if things panned out that way? In order for him to attract interest from so-called bigger and better clubs we'd have to be flying high, something that is a dream at the moment.

I for one am informed we have interviewed Ince and so what if he keeps us up this year and puts near the top of the league next , then gets tempted by another offer. It's better than the situation we find ourselves in at present surely?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Ince: just whay HAVE we approached him?

Well? I personally think he's shite, and wouldn't consider him as our manager, so why have we even made an attempt? :dunce::rolleyes:

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Well? I personally think he's shite, and wouldn't consider him as our manager, so why have we even made an attempt? :dunce::rolleyes:

I just replied to this post - but my reply has magically dissapeared, basically:

I don't think he would be a bad appointment. If he left due to success that would be a good thing. He need to do something positive to resurrect his managerial career and I certainly think he is capable of doing to the Albion the same think as he did at Macclesfield.

Terry Connor is the man we need with forster No2

:clap2: I'm glad my one-man campaign to get CONNOR IN is catching on. Sadly, I think there is no chance.

smellis

Sep 22, 2008
Ninfield, nr Battle
There is no way on earth that Ince would stay with us, once he found a bigger better club with higher pay packet he'd be off.

We need someone who will be fairly longer term, or as best can be, with a view to taking us up the league ready for Falmer.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Surely it's a win win situation if things panned out that way? In order for him to attract interest from so-called bigger and better clubs we'd have to be flying high, something that is a dream at the moment.

I for one am informed we have interviewed Ince and so what if he keeps us up this year and puts near the top of the league next , then gets tempted by another offer. It's better than the situation we find ourselves in at present surely?

and what happens if he relegates us?

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
if Ince does become manager, i for one WONT be going to ANY games while he is manager, hes shite and will go at the 1st chance

fozzie's headband

Jul 26, 2004
Heathfield
if Ince does become manager, i for one WONT be going to ANY games while he is manager, hes shite and will go at the 1st chance

He's already been successful in the lower levels with both Macclesfield and MK Dons and if he leaves for a bigger club it will mean that he has been successful with us - get him in!

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
İbrahim Tatlıses;2824932 said:
I suppose it would also mean some compo money for us too....

Which would make a difference, having paid the last three managers off.

the hitman

Jan 17, 2008
Viva Las Burgess Hill
i would welcome him at brighton,

So what if he gets a better offer and decides to leave..

At least we would be in a better position than we are now!

Managers at brighton dont tend to stay for long anyway, so whoever we get its unlikely they will be the one who takes us in to falmer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here