Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ince goal best since.....

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
He's pretty QUICK when he gets motoring, Rohan Ince, isn't he? He doesn't half make up the ground there.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Bounced up nicely (absolutely perfect) for Rohan Ince. I think I could hit a shot like that in my football career (albeit at a much slower pace) on my right foot (I even hit one in school football with my swinger). Not so special for me. Not sure if I could hit a ball like that if it did not bounce up nicely though. Volleys I did not find so difficult.

Question: does the Amex bounce like that or is it watered too much? Not sure if the lofted type cross was the best choice but it worked out well. Bets goal this season: Dunk header against Cheltenham.

PS: I could not have run halfway up the pitch and still shoot though. Usually got those shots away when centre halves did not head the ball out of the box far enough from corners. Oen bounce and then just bashed it back in to dip just under the bar if that far out.

Classic perseus. Pure ODD.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Give the lad a break about taking his shirt off. It was a silly thing to do, but I'm sure he'll learn from his mistakes. Lets not forget he only really broke through into competitive first team football last season. Unbelieveable goal though, and quality build up play too!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
For those comparing to others like the CMS overhead I think you need to look at more than just the finish.

The ball out to Colunga is great. He gets there with great pace and finds an incredible lofted ball to Ince, who has ran 70 yards up the pitch at full tilt and smashed the ball full on the volley into the net from 20-25 yards out.

Doubt we will see the like again.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Here's Calunga's goal.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Fantastic goal. Why take your shirt off. It just puts pressure on you the rest of the game.?

If you had scored a goal like that wouldn't you have taken your shirt off in celebration ?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I think O'Grady (?)'s link play deserves a mention as well - lovely chest down and lay off, Murray-esque.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
If you had scored a goal like that wouldn't you have taken your shirt off in celebration ?

LOL, no!

I can honestly say that in a moment of celebration, my method of celebrating has never been to remove my shirt, and twirl it over my head.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Draught Cider, Calvados and Red Wine probably have something to do with it.

My video reception was a bit orf (I blame BT for that). The run from deep made the goal. I think volleying is a bit over-rated though. This one was on purpose. The Wednesday goal (against us) may have been on purpose as well. That run (without the ball) looked faster than Buckley to me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here