Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ince goal best since.....

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Bloody hell that's some goal. Absolute beauty. And full credit to the Swindon mob for applauding it.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Bounced up nicely (absolutely perfect) for Rohan Ince. I think I could hit a shot like that in my football career (albeit at a much slower pace) on my right foot (I even hit one in school football with my swinger). Not so special for me. Not sure if I could hit a ball like that if it did not bounce up nicely though. Volleys I did not find so difficult.

Question: does the Amex bounce like that or is it watered too much? Not sure if the lofted type cross was the best choice but it worked out well. Bets goal this season: Dunk header against Cheltenham.

PS: I could not have run halfway up the pitch and still shoot though. Usually got those shots away when centre halves did not head the ball out of the box far enough from corners. Oen bounce and then just bashed it back in to dip just under the bar if that far out.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Bounced up nicely (absolutely perfect) for Rohan Ince. I think I could hit a shot like that in my football career (albeit at a much slower pace) on my right foot (I even hit one in school football with my swinger). Not so special for me. Not sure if I could hit a ball like that if it did not bounce up nicely though. Volleys I did not find so difficult.

Question: does the Amex bounce like that or is it watered too much? Not sure if the lofted type cross was the best choice but it worked out well. Bets goal this season: Dunk header against Cheltenham.

What are you going on about? The ball never bounced up for Ince.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class

PS: I could not have run halfway up the pitch and still shoot though. Usually got those shots away when centre halves did not head the ball out of the box far enough from corners. Oen bounce and then just bashed it back in to dip just under the bar if that far out.

What are you prattling on about? He hit it before it bounced.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
What are you going on about? The ball never bounced up for Ince.

Alright, I accept that. The straight volley side on is much more difficult but the slowness of the cross was very inviting. I think I would taken one touch and bashed it.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Aspinal was saying on the commentry it was about 25 yards out. Looked just outside the box to me. Cracking goal anyway

Indeed - to me he looks to strike it on the 18 yard line thus making it over 50 feet - cracking strike.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Volley on the run, very hard skill. I would be surprised if Rohan ever scores a better goal than that! Sublime!

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton

Initial thoughts: are you a 12 year old?
looked at your avatar: oh dear

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009

Extraordinary piece of match analysis, how to misread an absolutely marvellous volley from the comfort of your own sofa.
Have you thought of posting a regular blog on here?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

Your eyesight will have needed to be much better than it is now to have hit a ball on the volley as accurately.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
I hope he gets fined for taking his shirt off he could have cost us the game if he made one more bad tackle he could have been sent off which would have spoilt it for him scoring a great goal. Well done team lets have a home draw.c

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Great goal, a shame he got booked for taking shirt off after. Had he had another booking the game could easily have taken another outcome.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here