Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

In the event of the play off final

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
My 10 year old's first match was a 2-0 at Withdean v Exeter (lovely strike Gary Dicker!), AND we hadn't won at home much that season. However, my two younger sons have only been to one match each. Will they be able to get a ticket, given that my son helped turn the season around a bit and - no coincidence - were duly promoted as champions the following season?

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
I've watched the club on and off for over 30 years. I'm an occasional supporter these days, getting to 2 or 3 games a year. Weekend working, belt tightening and family commitments all prevent me from going as much as I would like but the biggest hindrance this year has been the simple difficulty in getting a ticket. Whenever I try and get a ticket I am beaten by the online system, which only allows me to buy one with my reference. I invariably want to go with friends or family, which means running the gauntlet of and forever understaffed ticket line. The upshot is that I don't go.

I went to Gillingham plenty. Withdean too. I was at most of the home matches during the 97 run in and the big one at Hereford but here's the thing. None of that gives me a divine right to go to a match of my choosing. After years of wanting the team to be successful... they finally are. This means lots and lots of paying customers and a bit of competition for a ticket. That's fine. It's how it should be. I'm thrilled that we playing good stuff, moving up through the league and being talked about up and down the land in glowing terms. Not being able to go so often is a tad frustrating but it's not the end of the world. What with ticket exchanges, NSC and the like, I can generally get a ticket when I really NEED it.

The moral. Stop grumbling. Enjoy the ride.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Brighton won't get to the final - will I get a ticket?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I'l sort you a ticket Adrie

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I guess it would be restrictred to 1 ticket per person... I wonder how families who have different level of loyalty points can sit together?

It probably won't happen anyway.

1066 seagull

Sep 25, 2008
Brighton
I didn't go to the Exeter game four years ago BUT I did once go to a game at the Goldstone (bonus points because that is pre-Withdean) where my school friend jumped onto the side line to pick up a discarded cigar from Manager Alan Mullery and has since kept the memento in an Old Holborn tin to this day. Does this mean I'm entitled to two play off final tickets - one for me and one for my cigar stealing mate? And would the British Museum be interested in said object?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Superb fishing trip - best I've seen in ages. Way too easy.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
When I was 21 I saw my first Albion game albeit at Stamford Bridge. At least we won when Webb scored the only goal and we got a little shield. (Didn't see the presentation as I had to leave 5 mins before the end to get the train). Surely this puts me at the head of the queue?

Gary Leeds

May 5, 2008
I was sat in the Seven Stars on 21st June 1901 with a few mates getting legless and I had this drunken idea that we should form a football club. Does that get me a ticket for the final

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I was sat in the Seven Stars on 21st June 1901 with a few mates getting legless and I had this drunken idea that we should form a football club. Does that get me a ticket for the final

Remember that Football Club you formed? ... Well l attended the very first match of the 1901/02 season against Chipping Sodbury Town, and went back home by horse bus. That must give me the rights to bloody Wembley!.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I once bought some sweet pebbles in Chris Cattlin's rock shop. Do I get priority over current ST holders?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Remember that Football Club you formed? ... Well l attended the very first match of the 1901/02 season against Chipping Sodbury Town, and went back home by horse bus. That must give me the rights to bloody Wembley!.

Sorry but both of those are too far fetched!!!!!

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
Seeing as i was at the dismal 0-0 draw against Luton in the Johnsons Paint Trophy on that miserable wet and cold night surely means i will be collected and driven to Wembley by Bloom and be supplied with free gin for the duration of the game while Frankie massages my feet (among other things). I will, obviously, also be able to dictate the final score and award the man of the match. Even if i decide that should be Frankie. Or Emma Bunton! Just because i like her!

Anything less will be a disgrace!!

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
ULLOA is a JCL. Where was he when we were shit? I'm having his place up top for having over 5,000 posts on NSC (5,000 is the boundary, and I've already claimed it, so mine)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here