Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

In retrospect

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
There is a good chance but no guarantee of a goalscorer as we could go to Chelsea and pay his wages and take Diego Costa on loan until Christmas before they sell him to Athletico Madrid but if we cannot get the ball to him quick enough he wouldnt score goals and he is as certain to as anybody.

Have you had your meds yet ?

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
There is a good chance but no guarantee of a goalscorer as we could go to Chelsea and pay his wages and take Diego Costa on loan until Christmas before they sell him to Athletico Madrid but if we cannot get the ball to him quick enough he wouldnt score goals and he is as certain to as anybody.

This is a really good one.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Other than his 2 goals v palace :bowdown: JD only scored 4 times in 2017, in 18 games.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Not at the price it all happened for inc his singing on fee and monster wages, plus at 34 he's due a long term injury.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
At his age a what would be a simple injury to somebody like Solly March becomes a career threatening one buit that is a chance you take with all older players that you sign, even GM.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost

Incredible...

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
The way we have set up and played in our three competitive games to date would suggest that even if we had Suarez playing up top we couldn't get the ball to him!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
That old duffer Tomer Hemed has played 100 times in La Liga scoring 27 goals in that division including goals against Real Madrid, Athletico Madrid, Sevilla and Valencia.

Apologies for starting the thread, how foolish of me, the answer is already here, really hope we don't **** up and sell him :wink:

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Apologies for starting the thread, how foolish of me, the answer is already here, really hope we don't **** up and sell him :wink:

You said we didn't have any players with top level experience up front and needed some. Anyone. But We do. So perhaps that isn't quite what you meant.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
You said we didn't have any players with top level experience up front and needed some. Anyone. But We do. So perhaps that isn't quite what you meant.

I did mean Premier League as it does seem to be completely different to all the other leagues. The pace is fecking terrifying off the back of two games and we are nowhere near up to speed yet. Neither are our foreign imports who have also played top level football but not like it's played here.

Very very early days though but a bit of a shock so far :smile:

SAC

May 21, 2014
34 year old striker on £90k+ a week for 3 years is a massive gamble for a team that could very well be back in the Championship next season. Plus the whole potential for upsetting the dressing room thing.

I suspect that he isn't on anywhere close to that amount. Probably around £60k a week.

I agree that it would have been a gamble but then so are all new players. If someone can get the ball through to him, he will score.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here