Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Imran Khan jailed.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
It's such a mess over there I have no idea whether he is guilty as charged, or just put away for being an opponent
Having looked at this a bit i think the answer to this is yes and yes. When he became PM he had the support of the military and basically acted like any other pakistani politician, jailing opponents, being corrupt , breaking elction promises. He then fell out with the military and lost their protection and started courting the islamist vote.
There appear to be good reason for his conviction , but lets be clear the only reason it's happened is because he has lost powerful allies and is an opponent of the current govt.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Pakistan was west Pakistan.
Stuck between India, Afghanistan and China and then they have to deal with a US led by either Trump and Biden.
First Muslim country to elect a woman head of government. Who was then twice dismissed for incompetence/corruption before being assassinated by either the taliban or al-qaeda.
Well, when I said I can't remember, I was being faux insouciant. I can of course remember.

The elected woman wasn't so much elected as took up her inheritance. Despite her old man and former president having been executed. Funny old world.

Incidentally, there is quite a resemblance between herself and the lovely Edwina :ohmy:

1706792698343.png
1706792831986.png

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Well, when I said I can't remember, I was being faux insouciant. I can of course remember.

The elected woman wasn't so much elected as took up her inheritance. Despite her old man and former president having been executed. Funny old world.

Incidentally, there is quite a resemblance between herself and the lovely Edwina :ohmy:

View attachment 174384View attachment 174385
I should admit that I'm feeling a bit under the weather today and my irony radar isn't working properly. So sorry about that.

Anyway, while she obviously wouldn't have won those elections if she was Mrs Smith from the North West Frontier, the point I was vaguely waving my hand in the direction of was that she also wouldn't have won two elections if the electorate were all a bunch of hardline Islamic extremists. Which tends to colour my view of some of the things that Imran Khan has said over the years and is why I replied to your comment about him being "too modern for Pakistan" in the first place*.

*I actually replied to one of your later comments but that's not important.

Anyway, I'll duck out now. Mainly to rest my head and try to fix that irony radar. :thumbsup:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I should admit that I'm feeling a bit under the weather today and my irony radar isn't working properly. So sorry about that.

Anyway, while she obviously wouldn't have won those elections if she was Mrs Smith from the North West Frontier, the point I was vaguely waving my hand in the direction of was that she also wouldn't have won two elections if the electorate were all a bunch of hardline Islamic extremists. Which tends to colour my view of some of the things that Imran Khan has said over the years and is why I replied to your comment about him being "too modern for Pakistan" in the first place*.

*I actually replied to one of your later comments but that's not important.

Anyway, I'll duck out now. Mainly to rest my head and try to fix that irony radar. :thumbsup:
'S OK, mate. Take care :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here