Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Imran Khan jailed.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Probably reflects the general corruption in Pakistan rather than any corruption on Imran Khan's part.
He's a bit too modern for Pakistan. His ex-wife has Jewish heritage, FFS. I'm surprised the loonies haven't assassinated him.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Could be worse...

...could be watching this match.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Populist nationalists in the bin where deserve to be. Is there room for Johnson in the cell?
A threat to medieval Islamist terrorist supporters and the corrupt militia That's why he's being set up.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
A threat to medieval Islamist terrorist supporters and the corrupt militia That's why he's being set up.
I'm not saying he isn't being set up by the Army etc., but it's been some time since he spent his evenings in fancy nightclubs.
I'd say populist nationalist is a pretty fair description. I'm pretty sure that's exactly how he'd describe himself.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I'm not saying he isn't being set up by the Army etc., but it's been some time since he spent his evenings in fancy nightclubs.
I'd say populist nationalist is a pretty fair description. I'm pretty sure that's exactly how he'd describe himself.
Yes indeed. And in a nation of macho Islamo-military dictators and entitled men, that's a massive step up.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Yes indeed. And in a nation of macho Islamo-military dictators and entitled men, that's a massive step up.
While reading about his predecessor as Prime Minister just now I came across this delightful line:
"The next day, Abbasi chaired a meeting of the NSC which expressed disappointment over Trump remarks and observed that Pakistan cannot be held responsible for US failure in Afghanistan."

NSC reference aside, this is confusing because I've been assured by a number of posters on the relevant thread that Trump was a master of foreign policy.

As far as Khan's concerned, while I obviously have no desire to see him thrown in jail (at least, not unless he is actually guilty of something to justify it and everybody who's involved in corruption in Pakistan is similarly arrested and the whole mess is cleared up, but that's obviously a pipe dream), he's such an inconsistent character with a number of stated views that I take issue with that I find it more objectively wrong than something I can muster much outrage for.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
While reading about his predecessor as Prime Minister just now I came across this delightful line:
"The next day, Abbasi chaired a meeting of the NSC which expressed disappointment over Trump remarks and observed that Pakistan cannot be held responsible for US failure in Afghanistan."

NSC reference aside, this is confusing because I've been assured by a number of posters on the relevant thread that Trump was a master of foreign policy.

As far as Khan's concerned, while I obviously have no desire to see him thrown in jail (at least, not unless he is actually guilty of something to justify it and everybody who's involved in corruption in Pakistan is similarly arrested and the whole mess is cleared up, but that's obviously a pipe dream), he's such an inconsistent character with a number of stated views that I take issue with that I find it more objectively wrong than something I can muster much outrage for.
a small number of posters

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Yeah. I may have forgotten to mention that, actually, yeah. f*** him. Not that interested in who is the most virtuous woodlouse in the wood pile. If I'm honest. Which I can be on occasion. Can't remember if this is East or West Pakistan. One of them is called Bengal or something. Or was that Bangladesh? Famine capital? Natural disasters with man made ones in hot pursuit? After a lifetime of this....f*** 'em. Sort yourselves out. And that.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Yeah. I may have forgotten to mention that, actually, yeah. f*** him. Not that interested in who is the most virtuous woodlouse in the wood pile. If I'm honest. Which I can be on occasion. Can't remember if this is East or West Pakistan. One of them is called Bengal or something. Or was that Bangladesh? Famine capital? Natural disasters with man made ones in hot pursuit? After a lifetime of this....f*** 'em. Sort yourselves out. And that.
Pakistan was west Pakistan.
Stuck between India, Afghanistan and China and then they have to deal with a US led by either Trump and Biden.
First Muslim country to elect a woman head of government. Who was then twice dismissed for incompetence/corruption before being assassinated by either the taliban or al-qaeda.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here