Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Offers] Improving posting standards on NSC - some suggestions

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012
the short answer was that a flirty woman joined the forum and posted a lot in a flirty way that was quite at odds with the norm.

Everyone lost their f***ing minds, The natives split into factions some were fawning sycophants trying to get some (Many left their wives and partners) while others were shocked and offended by her posting styles and effect on the other chimps posters resulting in emotional attacks and some entertaining binfests. I believe she then took some poster and started a rival forum that didn't last long (presuable once the members realized she wasn't going to put out).

Aussie comedy but it kind of reminded me of this

Reading through the curry thread, I got this vibe. Both that thread and the "LOL" thread were just as I joined Uni, so went completely under my radar.

Very interesting looking back at these threads with some context.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Reading through the curry thread, I got this vibe. Both that thread and the "LOL" thread were just as I joined Uni, so went completely under my radar.

Very interesting looking back at these threads with some context.

I think it is similar to what has happened recently. Someone comes a long and posts so prolifically, with a different style and different opinions that the board changes. As some alluded to on those threads this can be quite confronting for the board as a whole and there is a backlash. It was exacerbated back then by the fact that there were a number of such posters at the same time and by the 'virtual white knight' phenomenon that people also described.

That 'Lol' thread is totally insane in that it was about and over something so innocuous. People are a funny lot, especially online.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Interesting that we were still talking about being 'under the radar back then'.

I think the radar may be up the spout.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here