Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Improvements to NSC or new features to add

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Hans Kray should resurrect The Adventures of Hans Kray. Maybe he could meet up with the new Scandinavian addition. Sammi must have had some adventures with Liverpool ladies, they could compare notes.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
A signed photo of Gully and a free replica shirt on your 40th birthday.

dibsy

Jul 26, 2004
Shoreham By Sea
It's currently only going to have data from this coming season but I do have plans to get some historical data and get that in there as well. It has the usual stuff: fixtures, attendances, match ratings (from the Argus), cards, goals, appearances etc etc.
I'm hoping to put together a swanky thing with graphs and stuff like that to display the data that a user has requested.
I'm definitely open to suggestions for additions and datasets as well.

You should start a thread asking for suggestions.
I'd be interested in stuff like:
Which end the goadls are scored/conceded
Weather
Kick off time
If it's on TV or not TV, and if so which channel.

Perhaps this is already out there somewhere :shrug:

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
Is that just for the 'Gillingham diehards' who regard everyone else as an absolute plastic fan?
No, but that is the sort of comment I am talking about, so you'll get black balled.

You have come back with a snide dig, that had nothing to do with the original post. Just the sort of comment that having a meaningful football discussion on here gets in the way of.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
under 11's area

I've asked about this before and I'd happily do it. All kids go into a special user group and that user group would...

- Have access to a forum only accessible to other kids in that user group
- Not have access to 'the other stuff'
- Not be able to send or receive PMs
- Not be able to email other members

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Excellent! I'll PM you once I've got a completed database.

It's currently only going to have data from this coming season but I do have plans to get some historical data and get that in there as well. It has the usual stuff: fixtures, attendances, match ratings (from the Argus), cards, goals, appearances etc etc.

I'm hoping to put together a swanky thing with graphs and stuff like that to display the data that a user has requested.

I'm definitely open to suggestions for additions and datasets as well.

I'd like to know our win ratio in midweek / TV games against those at the weekend.

There is an often quoted myth that we 'never win in the week' 'on the telly' I suspect if we looked at the averages it would be more or less consistent throughout the season.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I'd like to know our win ratio in midweek / TV games against those at the weekend.

There is an often quoted myth that we 'never win in the week' 'on the telly' I suspect if we looked at the averages it would be more or less consistent throughout the season.

Our tv record for last season:

TV Record.jpg

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I've asked about this before and I'd happily do it. All kids go into a special user group and that user group would...

My post was 100% tongue in cheek!

But looking at your response it actually seems like it could be a good idea ... perhaps a little older and might encourage those with children to take their "first steps" towards the full forum. I guess it might be of interest to those with children of that age, which doesn't include me.

Perhaps when you've sifted through all the responses to this thread you could select the good ones and those that can be delivered fairly easily and then run a poll to give yourself a sense of priority?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

My 7 year old already tries to read over my shoulder (often announcing loudly to my wife "DADDY ARE YOU READING NORTH STAND CHAT AGAIN?")

A kids area would actually be safer for both of us.

The blog / match reports sounds like an excellent idea btw :wink:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Maybe a separate non-football related section with sub-divisions (including a local one). NSC opinions are so much more interesting and informative than the dreaded Argus comments column.

Edit-I've often thought that NSC, if expanded, could become the premier local news and opinion site-beyond its current remit.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

And our mid week v weekend record for last season:

Mid Week Record.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here