Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Impressive signs of AGEING

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I was also on a bus recently when a couple of teenage girls got on. The first one announced loudly to the second one "Oh my god, I'm like, literally, gonna sit here".

To which I found myself silently mocking her ridiculous use of the word "literally". I mean, I suppose it was TECHNICALLY true, but rather unnecessary, don't you think?

The strange thing, I always assumed I'd be at least in my fifties before I started finding teenagers annoying, and household products intriguing. Is it normal for this to happen in your thirties, or am I ageing prematurely?

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
I was also on a bus recently when a couple of teenage girls got on. The first one announced loudly to the second one "Oh my god, I'm like, literally, gonna sit here".

To which I found myself silently mocking her ridiculous use of the word "literally". I mean, I suppose it was TECHNICALLY true, but rather unnecessary, don't you think?

The strange thing, I always assumed I'd be at least in my fifties before I started finding teenagers annoying, and household products intriguing. Is it normal for this to happen in your thirties, or am I ageing prematurely?

Not quite the same but on my train yday two teenage girls who were sat opposite me were seriously discussing how they would behave in the event of a Zombie Apocalypse. I do mean seriously.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Not quite the same but on my train yday two teenage girls who were sat opposite me were seriously discussing how they would behave in the event of a Zombie Apocalypse. I do mean seriously.

Did they misuse the words "literally" and "randomly" a lot in the conversation? Why do teenagers say everything is, like, totally random?

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
It's a sad thing. I'm fast losing all the hair on my head, but as compensation Mother Nature, bless her, is working hard to replace it all with extra eyebrow, ear and nasal hair.

I have quite a lot of hair left on my head but am also sprouting alarming amounts of nasal and "ear" hairs and I dont' like it one bit.
What the hell is Mother Nature playing at? What possible evolutionary biological reason could she have? Going off Mother Nature in a big way.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Oh yes you will, believe me.

I have a rogue eyelash about once every 6 months, it's albino white and grows about 3 times as long as the rest.

If we were ever to meet face-to-face, we'd have to keep our distance. Any sudden whiplash movement during conversation could result in my errant eyebrow hair becoming entangled with your giant albino eyelash. We could end up trussed together like craniopagus conjoined twins.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Not so much physical signs, but I did have to go into the Lakeland store in Churchill Square the other week, and I found myself picking up some kitchen gadget or other and thinking "Ooooh, what a GREAT idea that is, how useful".

I almost ran out of the store in sheer horror at myself.

I actually went in there on friday and brought some storage jars. You can't have enough of them.

half time scores

Mar 19, 2012
Lounging-on-the-chintz
What I would like to know is at what age can I expect beige, taupe and fawn to become the colour that I decide is most desirable when I am choosing clothing?

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
At what age do you have to tuck shirts and polo shirts IN rather than HANGING out?

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Time to worry when you wistfully find yourself contemplating the schooner of sherry and packet of Werthers combo deal in the ESU concourse at half time, because with your failing memory you forgot to bring your usual thermos of sweet tea and a nice round of cheese sarnies in your duffle bag.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Wait until you get a random hair coming out of your chin #burnthewitch

Edit: Comment obviously not directed at MEN

My wife looks like cat weasel if she doesn't pay regular attention to her chin area.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
My eyebrows are not out of control and seem to grow twice as fast as anything else hair wise.

Mrs Hut has to regularly perform a trim and that college hair dresser training has paid off.

Blackcap

Nov 6, 2011
Shoreham by Sea
What about ear hair? Little tufts of the stuff sprouting from the front edge of your ear hole? Why has no-one mentioned that yet? I can't be the only one. Christ I'm only 45 and I'm already having to pluck that shit out, I thought I'd be at least 60 before that started becoming a problem.

RupertsFlan

Nov 28, 2012
I find myself letting out a really big sigh when I sit down in an armchair. I also make a similar sound when getting into bed when it's cold outside. I've developed a strange interest in lawnmowers as well. I used to be Digweeds Trousers but lost my laptop and all my log ins. That may be another sign of getting old. And I like going to farmers markets. I think I've lost my way a bit.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
I find myself letting out a really big sigh when I sit down in an armchair. I also make a similar sound when getting into bed when it's cold outside. I've developed a strange interest in lawnmowers as well. I used to be Digweeds Trousers but lost my laptop and all my log ins. That may be another sign of getting old. And I like going to farmers markets. I think I've lost my way a bit.

:laugh:

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto

I'm 28 and I already get irritated by teenagers with their inexplicable obsession with the word "like" and their ridiculous clothes. I get particularly irked by skinny jeans and jeans worn below the crotch (which inevitably get pulled up every FIVE seconds).

As for stray hairs, I'm sure the only purpose of nasal hair is to test whether you're manly enough to PLUCK them out. What about super long white hairs that grow out of MOLES? They can do one too.

centurion40

Sep 8, 2012
I have just yanked out an eyebrow hair, and am astonished to report that from root to tip, it measures a staggering 33mm (3.3cm). I am 41.

Can anyone beat that ?

what annoys me with getting older is that, as women get older their tits head south and end up round their knees but my cock's not heading that way:facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here